FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2002306-amex-offers-fka-sync-offers-2020-2021-a.html)

margarita girl Jan 1, 2020 10:00 am

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

So happy to see my accepted offers drop from ~90 to 12 this morning! :)

cfabar1 Jan 1, 2020 9:16 pm

Yes but the new offers are quite low too at the moment. Looking forward to seeing more added in 2020!

Happy Jan 2, 2020 10:23 am

Found on business card - 10% rebate on Lowes stores up to $100, ends June 30.

Jatan Jan 2, 2020 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 31896222)
Good luck to have a smooth process.

The problem in the past is, the CS phone number given at the back of the card is for WalMart GC, not Sam's. You could not even get thru the robot to get a human being due to the card number is not recognized.

We do shop at WalMart Neighborhood stores but often in small amount per transaction. It would be nice to be able to buy a WalMart GC with a CC such as the AMEX Gold and therefore eliminates those little transactions by a lump sum spend. Alas, WalMart would not take CC for any GC they sold, at least not in our town. On the other hand Sam's clubs here seems to be a YMMV case versus being hardcoded in the POS at WalMart. Therefore I am seriously considering the $25 statement credit on new membership offer before the current $15/$30 coming up.

Thanks again for keeping the community updated.

Got my $40 Sams GC and no activation needed -- Sams & Walmart website both show $40 balance on there

Namaste1 Jan 2, 2020 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 31900312)
Found on business card - 10% rebate on Lowes stores up to $100, ends June 30.

Figured. Just spent $4600 at Lowes two days ago.

Happy Jan 2, 2020 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Jatan (Post 31900412)
Got my $40 Sams GC and no activation needed -- Sams & Walmart website both show $40 balance on there

Thanks A Lot for the update - so they finally fixed their system glitch. Now the gift card is sent peactivated and you could check balance online without difficulty... This is very good news.

Now I would take the $25/$45 membership offer - seems you go thru a specific site then get a voucher? to exchange the membership at the club.

I wonder when shopping online, can one use a payment card not in the member's name? We have the $15/$30 offer in each of our cards but I dont want to pay for 2 membership in order to use both.

Happy Jan 2, 2020 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 31900466)

Were it custom made items? anything you could do a return / rebuy? Just suggesting.

Jatan Jan 2, 2020 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 31900501)
I wonder when shopping online, can one use a payment card not in the member's name? We have the $15/$30 offer in each of our cards but I dont want to pay for 2 membership in order to use both.

Doesn't matter you can order using cards linked to other names/addresses using your membership -- just enter correct billing info when saving the card to your profile

Namaste1 Jan 2, 2020 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 31900505)
Were it custom made items? anything you could do a return / rebuy? Just suggesting.

Items purchased no longer on sale :( But offer doesn't end until 6/30 so I'm sure we'll be able to take advantage of it before expiration date.

josephstern Jan 2, 2020 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan (Post 31901250)
Doesn't matter you can order using cards linked to other names/addresses using your membership -- just enter correct billing info when saving the card to your profile

And enter whatever name you want. Merchants can't check the name on the credit card - only the expiration date, CVV code, street address, and zip code.

TravelinSperry Jan 2, 2020 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 31900466)

You can get discounts via the "change of address card" at the USPS... go get that mail pack and there are usually discounts at lowes and other things people need when they move. No need to wait for an Amex offer

HIFlya Jan 2, 2020 4:15 pm

Since the 2019 thread got closed, I guess this is the most appropriate place to post. I bought something online at Macy's, and had a department store, including Macys.com ($10/$75) offer and a Macy's only offer ($15/$75). I stacked them per usual and after my purchase, I got two emails, congratulating me on using both offers. The purchase was on 12/30. I got the $15 credit posted on 01/01 but nothing on the $10 credit. At what point should I call Amex to inquire? The last time I stacked my Home improvement/Lowe's offers, both credits posted on the same day.

Happy Jan 2, 2020 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya (Post 31901664)
Since the 2019 thread got closed, I guess this is the most appropriate place to post. I bought something online at Macy's, and had a department store, including Macys.com ($10/$75) offer and a Macy's only offer ($15/$75). I stacked them per usual and after my purchase, I got two emails, congratulating me on using both offers. The purchase was on 12/30. I got the $15 credit posted on 01/01 but nothing on the $10 credit. At what point should I call Amex to inquire? The last time I stacked my Home improvement/Lowe's offers, both credits posted on the same day.

AMEX has clawed back the DELL offers a month or so ago when people stacked their Plat card benefit? with an AMEX statement credit offer. You should be able to google the details as it was widely reported by major blogs when that happened. Not saying this may mean stacking stops working in your case but the DELL claw back could mean AMEX has updated its system to no longer allow stacking.

On the other hand, is the $10 credit offer is for B&M store only or just Macy's brand?

HIFlya Jan 2, 2020 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 31901727)
AMEX has clawed back the DELL offers a month or so ago when people stacked their Plat card benefit? with an AMEX statement credit offer. You should be able to google the details as it was widely reported by major blogs when that happened. Not saying this may mean stacking stops working in your case but the DELL claw back could mean AMEX has updated its system to no longer allow stacking.

On the other hand, is the $10 credit offer is for B&M store only or just Macy's brand?

The $10 credit was for multiple department stores, including Macy's. Kind of like the multiple home improvement stores including Lowe's. I didn't think stacking would not be allowed, I hadn't heard of anyone saying that the stacking of multiple Amex Offers was actually not allowed in the T&Cs.

Gig103 Jan 2, 2020 5:02 pm

Has anyone ever successfully had the MGM front desk bill you early (for the cash back on room charges offer)?

I'm checking out on 1/6 and my offer expires 1/5, but I should hit $250+. I can ask for them to close out the reservation and start another for one night but would rather them just bill me $250 (instead of a hold) and then I can do the balance on check-out.