Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Avis offer on the Plat....spend $250 in a single purchase, get $75 back (up to two times.)

Yesterday I made two separate Avis reservations, each greater than $250. The charges are still pending, I won't pick up the car(s) for another week.....and my two $75 Avis credits are already showing up under the "savings" tab on my account.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
+3 MR on gas at 76, ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...o-phillips-66/

good until end of September, had it on my Plat and Everyday. Guess I will be carrying my Plat around in the wallet for the next half year.
jtc246 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Snow.com/redeem link for $100/10k MR for Vail Resorts purchases is being attempted via using the link to get redirected to specific Vail resort sites from which to try to buy Epic season passes. Not counting on it to work, but perhaps there is some way to purchase those season passes in a way in which Amex grants the credit despite the offer terms excluding Epic pass purchases.

Amusingly, the snow.com/redeem link goes straight to some kind of useless Epic Pass page.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:31 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
20% off a single Blacklane (luxury car service) transaction, up to $1,000 -- I think up to $1,000 savings, as opposed to up to a $1,000 transaction -- so anyway, anybody need a $5,000 airport transfer?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:44 am

Home Depot statement credit

I placed an order at homedepot.com for ~$55. Now when I look at my Amex transitions I see that they charged me in two transactions... ~$40 and ~$15 presumably because they split my ship to home order into two shipments. I am guessing that this will not get the Amex credit... but do I have any recourse? Can I ask Amex customer service to apply the credit?

Thanks
DAK
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by dkerr
I placed an order at homedepot.com for ~$55. Now when I look at my Amex transitions I see that they charged me in two transactions... ~$40 and ~$15 presumably because they split my ship to home order into two shipments. I am guessing that this will not get the Amex credit... but do I have any recourse? Can I ask Amex customer service to apply the credit?

Thanks
DAK
You should be fine from the way I read the terms.

Get a $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more eligible transactions online at HomeDepot.com
GUWonder, dkerr, mia and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gnomie
I don't know about California but in the NYS/tri-state area, I have been able to purchase gift cards at Courtyards - none of the other Marriott brands seem to have GC, but the four local Courtyards have physical GC. I would call first and make sure the person in charge has access to the gift cards because once I stopped by very early on a Sunday morning and the night clerk did not have the key to the office.

Thanks for the reminder - I have to stop by and take advantage of this offer.
Is there anything special that they have to do to trigger the offer? I had to call like 15 different Marriotts in the area to find one that had cards in stock. They only have 4 so I'm going in the next couple of days. I have a stay coming up later this month but unfortunately after the promo ends.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Snow.com/redeem link for $100/10k MR for Vail Resorts purchases is being attempted via using the link to get redirected to specific Vail resort sites from which to try to buy Epic season passes. Not counting on it to work, but perhaps there is some way to purchase those season passes in a way in which Amex grants the credit despite the offer terms excluding Epic pass purchases.

Amusingly, the snow.com/redeem link goes straight to some kind of useless Epic Pass page.
Went to snow.com/redeem and then used that "outdated" page to pick a link on it to a specific resort -- a link that redirected to say parkcitymountain.com. And then on the parkcitymountain.com link we got sent to from snow.com/redeem page, we made the the Epic Season Pass selection and purchase with the Amex and then it immediately triggered the "offer used" email for every account we used to make the purchase today with the Amex cards enrolled in the offer. Just had to make sure that we remained on the parkcitymountain.com pages the whole time after our manually going from snow.com/redeem page to the parkcitymountain.com page. In other words, we made sure the purchase was ultimately from the parkcitymountain.com site. The charge comes across as Vail Resorts Estore Sales out of Broomfield, CO.

Even if the $100/100MR points don't end up credited, the Epic Pass is a great deal at $783 for the 2021-2022 ski season. At $683, it's an insanely good deal that I plan to really milk next season for skiing on at least two continents if not more.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by dkerr
As others have mentioned, this should be no problem under the offer terms; just as a data point, the Best Buy offer terms reads the same way and I was credited after experiencing the same issue (split shipment resulted in multiple <$50 charges).
Old Mar 31, 2021, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Is there anything special that they have to do to trigger the offer? I had to call like 15 different Marriotts in the area to find one that had cards in stock.
No, in my experience I've bought it via the front desk more or less and it looks just like a room payment (to the extent of getting a paper receipt that looked like a regular stay folio).
GUWonder and cdancer20 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
NEW OFFERS: Lots of Hotel offers. Mainly from Hilton. All on my Green Card.
SanDiego1K and cdancer20 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
+1 MR on Grubhub/Seamless is back. Not sure when only noticed this morning. Ends 12/31/21.
SanDiego1K and lax01 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Seeing none, they must know I spend enough so I'm not targeted.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
Seeing none, they must know I spend enough so I'm not targeted.
Not necessarily. The last time they had all these I didn't see it on any of my cards for several days. Just keep checking daily.
vincewy, vincewy and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
In a nutshell, these are the offers:

$45-$100 off stays totaling $225-$500, EDIT: Expires 6/30/21 or 7/31/21....depending on which hotel offer you use.

At Waldorf Astoria, DoubleTree, Tapestry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection, Canopy, Embassy Suites, Homewood, Home2
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Apr 1, 2021 at 8:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.