Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I got a $100 off $100 offer on my Amex Platinum card for Dell which I took advantage of in late Jan. I immediately received a notification that I had used my offer. The product just shipped and billed a few days ago. How long should I wait for the $100 credit before following up with Amex?
I would try after 10 weeks, but I can tell you that in 2020 when Hulu billed on June 29th and posted on July 1st, Amex didn't budget for giving me my June streaming credit, they applied it in July. So I would ask but not hold your breath.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just used a $15 off of $75 at Pikes Nursery today. Got the confirmation email immediately.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Anyone else had any luck with the $15 wireless credits on select business cards? I used my card to prepay google fi two months in a row and it shows as google fi on my statement but no credit. This is not wholly surprising as google fi has always been difficult with amex credits. The surprising thing is how much Amex agents are refusing to manually credit:

"Nikki - 12:03 AM Google Fi (only merchant number 4045974169 will receive wireless credits)
Nikki - 12:03 AM however the charge you made is with 1047161427 merchant number "

My prepayment towards my google fi bill definitely qualifies according to the terms of the offer. Twice now, agents have pushed back hard against manually crediting. I feel like Amex customer service has really gone downhill recently. They have escalated a complaint but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
My prepayment towards my google fi bill definitely qualifies according to the terms of the offer...
Are you sure of that?
Here's an excerpt from OFFER TERMS:
Additional terms and restrictions apply. Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. A purchase will not be eligible if the merchant's code is not eligible.

So manual overrides are a favor, and may not continue indefinitely.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Anyone else had any luck with the $15 wireless credits on select business cards? I used my card to prepay google fi two months in a row and it shows as google fi on my statement but no credit. This is not wholly surprising as google fi has always been difficult with amex credits. The surprising thing is how much Amex agents are refusing to manually credit
I've given up on Google Fi crediting. It's been over a month, and 2 weeks, from my Feb and March charges on my Hilton and DL Gold Biz cards and none of the 4 have credited. I don't feel like expending the energy to fight Amex over them, waiting the "8-12 weeks," and I'm doing some fairly obvious MS on the Hilton Biz for the FNC, so I don't want eyes on my account. I'm just going to gift my Mom $10 x2 to her AT&T account every month since that should work for the credit.
Happy and MaxVO like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
On Google Fi, I recently switched it to my Ink Cash as it now earns 5X. Pretty sure I last experimented with that last year and it didn’t trigger the 5X earnings at the time. Not a huge win, but it all adds up.
mia likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I had fi in 2020

And I got the credit then, switched to tmobile at some point and no problem getting credits on marriott buisness card

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
On Google Fi, I recently switched it to my Ink Cash as it now earns 5X. Pretty sure I last experimented with that last year and it didn’t trigger the 5X earnings at the time. Not a huge win, but it all adds up.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I've given up on Google Fi crediting. It's been over a month, and 2 weeks, from my Feb and March charges on my Hilton and DL Gold Biz cards and none of the 4 have credited. I don't feel like expending the energy to fight Amex over them, waiting the "8-12 weeks," and I'm doing some fairly obvious MS on the Hilton Biz for the FNC, so I don't want eyes on my account. I'm just going to gift my Mom $10 x2 to her AT&T account every month since that should work for the credit.
I found the below quote on another site from someone who escalated this specific issue last week. It is the reply from Amex after escalation. I don't really understand Amex's logic or explanation in denying here but it seems like it is a firm no. I do feel like Amex has changed in the last 6 months and now seem to be almost looking for loopholes to deny credits to people. They did not used to be like that.

The Card Member’s transaction does NOT qualify because it is a Google Fi transaction and it is not considered to be its own standalone wireless service/provider because it is operated by Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular. Per the offer Terms, “Starting from the time you enroll through December 31, 2021 (“Purchase Period”), you will earn one $15 statement credit each month after spending $15 or more on combined eligible purchases of monthly wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers with your Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card during the Purchase Period, up to a total of $165 in statement credits. The following purchases are excluded: purchases of hardware or repair services; purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third-party sellers; purchases of bundled services offered by wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP; and purchases of VoIP services.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Add to the Wallet of Mint Mobile triggers the credit - Mint Mobile is the same type of operator as Google Fi, being a "Mobile Virtual Network Operator" using T-Mobile network, does not fit the T&Cs, yet the $10 and $5 adds done on same day trigger the $15 credit. (Mint only has $5, $10 and $20 to choose from).

In Feb the $10 and $5 were not done on same day but the $15 credit posted after 2nd add to bring the total to $15+ (there is $0.50 surcharge on each load).

In Mar I added $10 and $5 on same day. $15 credit posted the same day the charges posted.

Will do the same in April and the following months.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I got a pretty nice double dip on Lowe’s spending. I spent about $700 there, and got $70 back from the 10% offer plus $25 from the BBP $500+ offer.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by murphy
I got a pretty nice double dip on Lowe’s spending. I spent about $700 there, and got $70 back from the 10% offer plus $25 from the BBP $500+ offer.
Nice, did you buy an appliance or GC combo? Yesterday I also succeeded in placing a $500+ order. For some reason that required approvals from 2 managers. Lowe's managers wear a barcoded card pendant around their necks. And my cashier had to get those managers close enough to scan their barcodes to signify approvals. Fortunately the managers were rather indifferent and offered no objections.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Nice, did you buy an appliance or GC combo? Yesterday I also succeeded in placing a $500+ order. For some reason that required approvals from 2 managers. Lowe's managers wear a barcoded card pendant around their necks. And my cashier had to get those managers close enough to scan their barcodes to signify approvals. Fortunately the managers were rather indifferent and offered no objections.
i bought tile online, so I didn’t have to deal with any approval stuff. It was painless and much appreciated.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Lowes apparently has implemented a new policy since several weeks ago and updated the POS - for amount going over a level (no idea how much), it requires manager approval. A couple weeks ago it was a very long wait to get a store manager to come.

Last Monday the store manager was somewhere inside the store but the cashier was able to locate him over intercom and told him which checkout lane required his approval. He just sent approval to the POS we were at to finalize the transaction.

The Lowes I go to on each year's AMEX offer, never has any issue selling GCs. Dont even ask to see ID. So this is a system wide POS hard-coded update and not individual store policy.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Finally purchased a $100 Delta Gift Card from Best Buy. Purchased it online on 3/23/21 for delivery, received the congrats email and then the following day it posted to Amex including the $100 credit. And today 3/25/21 it was delivered. That was super quick!
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Finally purchased a $100 Delta Gift Card from Best Buy. Purchased it online on 3/23/21 for delivery, received the congrats email and then the following day it posted to Amex including the $100 credit. And today 3/25/21 it was delivered. That was super quick!
Same. Next day credit after the charge posed for a $50 Delta gift card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.