Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 6, 22, 5:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 6, 21, 7:53 am

desafino which card are you seeing that Offer on? I am not seeing it on any of my Personal cards but I am seeing a "Spend $50, Get $10 Back" on my Blue Business Plus.
Old Dec 6, 21, 8:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I don't think Am Ex travel offers ever go on their partners cards.
It has been a few years, but I used to see offers for Hilton brand hotels on a Surpass card. Based on your post, I will assume that policy has changed.
Old Dec 6, 21, 8:18 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer View Post
desafino which card are you seeing that Offer on?
I see the $90/$20 TurboTax offer on Ms mia's Blue Business Plus. On several of my own cards I see a Tax ACT offer.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Dec 6, 21, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Sloflyer032 View Post
Wine insiders is known to be a difficult offer to actually use. One could almost call it a scam. I think most of the wine offers are that way. Terms and conditions littered with fine print.
I had no problem using it in the past; the problem here was they changed the fine print. I unfortunately assumed the current offer was the same as the past without reading the fine print. Live and learn.
Old Dec 6, 21, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer View Post
desafino which card are you seeing that Offer on? I am not seeing it on any of my Personal cards but I am seeing a "Spend $50, Get $10 Back" on my Blue Business Plus.
I saw it on my personal plat.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Dec 6, 21, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by serpens View Post
It has been a few years, but I used to see offers for Hilton brand hotels on a Surpass card. Based on your post, I will assume that policy has changed.
There's been a few Hilton offers lately and none of them have been available on my HIlton Card. I guess it makes sense anyone with a Hilton credit card is going to be staying at Hiltons anyway.
_kurt likes this.
Old Dec 6, 21, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Turbo Tax, $20 off $90, online only at turbotax.intuit dot com Expires 4/15/21 (US Dollars only and US Amex Cards only)
Old Dec 6, 21, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I personally haven't seen this offer, but online deal sites are posting the below Amex Offer:

Starbucks 15% off up to $5.00 at Starbucks stand-alone locations, pay as you go with the app, and app reloads. Expires 1/19/22.

*could possibly double dip on the current month (December restaurant credits) that many cards have.
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by desafino View Post
$20 off $90+ on turbotax. had to check, but last year federal + state was $150.
Depends on what version you purchase, no? $150 sounds like small business?

I paid $39.98 last year for Deluxe Fed and State with Fed eFile. Then paid separately for state e-filing (don't recall how much).

My Aspire, Plat and EDP show $10 off $50 single purchase. Direct purchase from Intuit is rarely if ever the best deal. I added it since it's valid for a long time, but suspect I won't buy via that offer.
hotturnip likes this.
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer View Post
I personally haven't seen this offer, but online deal sites are posting the below Amex Offer:

Starbucks 15% off up to $5.00 at Starbucks stand-alone locations, pay as you go with the app, and app reloads. Expires 1/19/22.

*could possibly double dip on the current month (December restaurant credits) that many cards have.
Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't used my dining credit yet and it was available on a couple of my cards. Added it to my Hilton and redeemed on the app and got the emails that the offer had been used an my $20 dining credit so they can be stacked.

Good deal, $50 Starbucks credit for $25. I love their holiday blend they have this year so no I have more money on the card to spend.
Old Dec 7, 21, 12:42 pm

I have these two offers added to my card:
  • Spend $500 or more, get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points Celebrity Cruises
  • Spend $500 or more, get $150 back Celebrity Cruises

Would they both trigger from a single $500+ purchase?
Old Dec 7, 21, 12:53 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Arlyx View Post
I have these two offers added to my card:
  • Spend $500 or more, get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points Celebrity Cruises
  • Spend $500 or more, get $150 back Celebrity Cruises

Would they both trigger from a single $500+ purchase?
If you were able to add both to a single card, likely yes, based on the way Amex typically allows double-dipping across other promotions and credits. I'd be surprised if you were able to do that though. In my experience with pairs of offers like this I often have the points option on my Platinum card and the cash option on other cards, but I don't think I've ever had both offers of a pair like this on the same card. Check the terms to make sure that they're not applicable under different circumstances or to different types of product (like sometimes Marriott and MGM Resorts will have pairs of offers where each offer is only valid for certain brands/properties).
Old Dec 7, 21, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff View Post
If you were able to add both to a single card, likely yes, based on the way Amex typically allows double-dipping across other promotions and credits. I'd be surprised if you were able to do that though. In my experience with pairs of offers like this I often have the points option on my Platinum card and the cash option on other cards, but I don't think I've ever had both offers of a pair like this on the same card. Check the terms to make sure that they're not applicable under different circumstances or to different types of product (like sometimes Marriott and MGM Resorts will have pairs of offers where each offer is only valid for certain brands/properties).
Thanks for the info. From what I read, there isn't anything in the terms that would make them ineligible with each other. Funny enough, I also have two Norwegian Cruises offers that are similar to the Celebrity ones ($500 spend/12.5K MR and $500 spend/$125 back).
Old Dec 8, 21, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I see the $90/$20 TurboTax offer on Ms mia's Blue Business Plus. On several of my own cards I see a Tax ACT offer.
i see the TT offer on my plat. Might use it this year again, so might be able to take advantage (I need TurboTax SE, so I’m definitely over $90). Have had these offers on Chase too, though not sure if I’ve seen them yet, so I’ll see what makes more sense if those show up.

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer View Post

I’ve got the Starbucks one. Similar to the ones I typically have gotten on my Chase cards, which seemed to be perpetual from when Chase offers started, but stopped in around Oct. I sometimes got 10% on Chase. however, with this and me still being on 10x restaurants on my plat, this works out fairly well.

also saw TPG post earlier this week saying there’s a $10 off $40 at sit down airport restaurants. Have not seen it on my plat through.
Old Dec 8, 21, 5:59 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
also saw TPG post earlier this week saying there’s a $10 off $40 at sit down airport restaurants. Have not seen it on my plat through.
That one was first reported in mid-November https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33732428-post2452.html It's not "all" sitdown restaurants, only those operated by HMShost. I added it my Green Card, and don't remember if it was available on other cards.

Search this Thread