Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by jix
For Delta offer of $125 off $300+, if the trip cost is aroud $250 is there anything than can be added to the transaction to reach the limit
Does the AmEx offer say it works across multiple transactions? If not, you could try buying an electronic Delta gift card for the full amount, use its funds for your trip, save the rest for later..
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:47 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by jon512
Does the AmEx offer say it works across multiple transactions? If not, you could try buying an electronic Delta gift card for the full amount, use its funds for your trip, save the rest for later..
Terms state must originate in US, and exclude gift cards so. I see data points of gift cards working but since it's a trip I'm going to take anyway I'd rather do it on a ticket transaction.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Buy a $300+ ticket, wait for the risk free cancellation period to expire (48+ hours to be safe) then cancel and use the eCredit to buy the cheaper ticket with the remainder available for future use.

You might not even have to cancel, you can probably just do a flight change and rebook to the cheaper flight. (I know if you buy a flight and the fare subsequently goes down you can get a credit for the difference, this should be the same more or less...)

Or if multiple transactions are allowed just book a second ticket for like next September to reach the $300 threshold and park it for future use.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Cruise Critic has website login issues, clear your cookies, and it should work. But you shouldn't need to log in to read the boards, unless you want to access Roll Call threads there.

If your OBC is refundable (i.e., from your travel agent), you will get it back at the end of the cruise if you do not use it. I would just buy more OBC to get to $1500. On Holland America's site you can buy as little as $5, so easy to tell it out to see how it posts. That OBC would definitely be refundable. Just make sure that you don't let it go back to the AMEX card that you redeemd the offer on!
MisterBill do you know if Royal allows purchase of refundable OBC? I have $200 off $500, but my cruise is booked through Costco so I can't use Amex to pay towards my balance (due in April). It's also only a 7n cruise so pre-paying gratuity won't reach $500.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
MisterBill do you know if Royal allows purchase of refundable OBC? I have $200 off $500, but my cruise is booked through Costco so I can't use Amex to pay towards my balance (due in April). It's also only a 7n cruise so pre-paying gratuity won't reach $500.
You should be able to call Royal and buy refundable OBC. 1-800-398-9819 is the dept that handles pre cruise purchases.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Anyone have trouble with the Tapestry offer? Had a stay at the Distrikt in NYC and on past Hilton offers I receive the email as soon as the front desk swipes the card authorizing it. Didn’t get the email and isn’t showing up on my savings tab. I noticed it is billing as just the Distrikt and not the Distrikt Tapestry
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jix
Terms state must originate in US, and exclude gift cards so. I see data points of gift cards working but since it's a trip I'm going to take anyway I'd rather do it on a ticket transaction.
I can't see the terms on it anymore because I've used it for a gift card, but the terms should also say if it must be a single transaction or can be multiple.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
[...] I noticed it is billing as just the Distrikt and not the Distrikt Tapestry
Not a Tapestry brand hotel, but I have had problems with a Doubletree not posting as a Hilton affiliated hotel, so there are hotels that don't trigger benefits properly. It took months and many conversations to sort it out. I wish you luck.
jamesteroh and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:51 am

It's possible to stack a norton offer from earlier this year plus rakuten to get 95 MR/$1 on norton lifelock, or effectively purchasing points at ~1c each. Only problem is the next rakuten points dump isn't until february so it's hard to use for an immediate redemption you might have in mind.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Come on Cyber Monday deals.
renila likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:18 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Thanks. I may get this one if they still have it after Thanksgiving.
The 4 box sets are back for $20. Shipping on 12/1
Old Nov 29, 2021, 4:13 pm

Placed a wine insiders order, and then noticed that to get the $30 off offer I needed to use the /amex link

Always check the fine print
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Thanks. I may get this one if they still have it after Thanksgiving.
Shared them at a Thanksgiving meal and they went over well. The chocolate and carrot are pretty good, but the ginger one is actually great. I typically won't touch gluten free cookies, but these work. If I am to a vegan house, I would absolutely buy these as a gift (so their marketing scheme worked!).
mia likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Placed a wine insiders order, and then noticed that to get the $30 off offer I needed to use the /amex link

I've successfully gotten credit for many Amex offers that stated the link must be used and I didn't use the link. Can't speak for this one but I'd wait and see to see if you get a credit anyway.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17

I know I've specifically clicked on the link for that offer and it leads to a page where you can't order anything. Clicking away to regions etc and it appears you're just on the Wine Insiders normal site(in contrast to Vinofolio who offers specific products for the AmEx offer and is very clear).

I think it should still work and interested to hear if it does. Haven't tried out this specific offer yet myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.