Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:30 am

does anyone know if there's a way to use the air france/klm promo to book domestic delta flights? e.g. convert to a credit and book via af?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by buddy_bb
It worked for me on a prepaid. The credit appeared on my card a day after the charge went off “pending” status.
thanks. Glad to hear.

my issue is now if this will charge in time. It says the rate is supposed to be prepaid (but refundable up to 3 days prior to stay). Made the reservation last night, and expected the charge to be done immediately, but as of now, hasn’t been charged yet. Wonder if they wait until 3 days prior to actually charge this which will be a couple of weeks post-offer expiry, and would be a bit of a bummer. Typically, I don’t like to do prepaid rates, but here it was actually going to be an advantage given the offer and the refundability.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
....Wonder if they wait until 3 days prior....
If the charge doesn't appear in the next few days, you could call the property and ask them to process the charge.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by desafino
does anyone know if there's a way to use the air france/klm promo to book domestic delta flights? e.g. convert to a credit and book via af?
I also want to know!
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I also want to know!
LOL...kind of curious about this myself.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
If the charge doesn't appear in the next few days, you could call the property and ask them to process the charge.
Thanks. I was going to try and call anyway. Talked to reservations, who said that it can take up to 24 hours for the charge to run. When I said it had been longer than that, they said it was the weekend, and so it might not happen until tonight/tomorrow.

I'll probably follow up with the hotel itself to confirm, as now I'm cutting it close. Am I right to think as long as the charge is run before the offer expires, it should count, right? Even if its still pending and doesn't fully post until after that point.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by desafino
Well, I can tell you this much:

I had a similar offer on my gold card back in 2019. I think it was 20K for $2,000 in spend. I found a good J fare to Berlin via KLM for May of 2020. Well, we all know what happened that spring. When I cancelled my itinerary, Amex did not claw back the bonus. (I was surprised.) And the fare was refunded, not given in a credit.

I suppose you could try that, but Amex may have been relaxing standards because of Covid back then. But let's say, you didn't need a trip to Europe right now, but might later on. You could book something, bank the bonus, cancel the itinerary, and save that voucher for next year. If you're not getting a refund, they definitely would not claw back the points.

But I cannot think of any way you could actually use this bonus for domestic Delta.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by kimichan1987
Received clear $179 offer on my Gold card also. Anybody know we could use the delta membership rate of $119 plus a family member $60 and still trigger the credit?
Since I don't think this was ever answered, the answer is yes, you can. The offer was originally worded as a single transaction, and Clear processes it as two separate charges. But AMEX changed it a few weeks ago to allow multiple transactions to be refunded, up to $179 total.

The offer is valid thru 10/30.
MSP_Monopoly likes this.

Last edited by MisterBill; Oct 12, 2021 at 11:48 pm
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
update: I called the hotel and they charged it immediately. Now I got the card not present text, but not the email saying I redeemed the offer. I know the one generally come pretty quickly, so hoping it’s just a short delay. This should count based on it going pending today, correct, even if it doesn’t post by tonight?

now I have a question about the Kimpton offer - got a $60 off $300+, and just happens to jive well with my trip to Toronto next week and the ‘secret’ sale, so got a pretty good rate. But Kimpton offer says US only, no international. Do I presume It probably won’t count, or is there a chance that it might. Im probably more inclined to use my Canadian card at check out if there’s little chance of that counting. Canada is always a bit funky since it truly is international, but some places for a lot of purposes treat it similar to the US.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Similar situation

Called hotel, they charged, shows as pending, but know “used your offer” email as of yet? Hoping it all magically happens
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OTPorBust
Called hotel, they charged, shows as pending, but know “used your offer” email as of yet? Hoping it all magically happens
I did a chat with Amex this afternoon, and they claimed

In a few cases, an email may not be triggered as it depends on the type of offer redeemed. You may wait for the charge to post and a notification would be sent once credit has been issued.
I also, after receiving this, tried to reconfirm that I shouldn't be concerned with the lack of email, and agent said not at all. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'll give it a shot and wait (since really, there's not really much else I can do. I have a screenshot of the offer/terms if I need it for later, but yeah, hooping it magically posts as well.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
New problem: No statement credit for offers triggered.

I have 2 Hilton cards, Surpass and Basic, since October 5th, I have not received a single statement credit, but there are 3 new transactions posted successfully under Savings tab.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Glass half full

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I did a chat with Amex this afternoon, and they claimed

I also, after receiving this, tried to reconfirm that I shouldn't be concerned with the lack of email, and agent said not at all. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'll give it a shot and wait (since really, there's not really much else I can do. I have a screenshot of the offer/terms if I need it for later, but yeah, hooping it magically posts as well.

So hotel did charge the whole thing yesterday, woke up this morning to “congrats you used your offer”, however they charged 677 dollars which would be the 100/500 offer, the congrats was 50/250, so hopefully this all catches up
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i got the ‘used your offer’ email this afternoon, maybe about 26 hours or so after the card was run. So I guess some sort of delay.

So hotel did charge the whole thing yesterday, woke up this morning to “congrats you used your offer”, however they charged 677 dollars which would be the 100/500 offer, the congrats was 50/250, so hopefully this all catches up
what brand? The 100 off 500 offer is for luxury brands only (JW, Ritz, etc. - full list is in the offer terms) and 50 off $250 are the other brands (it lists specifically excluded brands, which I think is the same list of luxury brands in the other offer, though I didn’t compare side by side). So basically, pretty sure depending on brand of hotel, only one could apply, not either.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:32 am

Anyone tried the Delta 125off300 offer on GCs yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.