Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
For this offer:
Get 5% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a payment on your insurance bill by 6/30/2020. Limit of $20 in total statement credits.

Notice it says 'make a payment'.
Does anyone know whether it works for multiple payments?
Yes, I made two different payments over the course of 2 months to max out the credit...
geclub1 likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Spend $100+, get 1,500 Membership Rewards® Points HappyCards.com - giftcards

I had not heard of them, but they are gift cards that have collections and it works out to 6.25% cash back when you count the 1x base points too (on my Plat card)

I wouldn't mind the 5% at grocery stores that @Brandinho1 received!
Old May 1, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
All,

Just addded to Biz PLT. "Get 4 additional Membership Rewards points for each dollar spent on eligible purchases made using your enrolled Business Card online at
Dell.com/Amexbiz or via phone at 877-780-9860 by 7/31/2020." With the $200 credit, 1he 10% back, now 6x (already had an offer for an extra 1x) on my biz plt and stack with Rakuten, it is pretty sweet. Bose 700s here I come!

Safe Travels!
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Spend $50 get $10 statement credit at Hotels.com expires 8/9/2020

Valid on plastic and e-gift

Amex instructions say to use the website below, but it's not working for me.

hotels.com/giftcards

Last edited by Global Adventurer; May 12, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Old May 12, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Spend $50 get $10 statement credit at Hotels.com expires 8/9/2020

Valid on plastic and e-gift
Or 1000 MR on Plat for me.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
"Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more transactions online at Gap.com, OldNavy.com, BananaRepublic.com, Athleta.com or HillCity.com by 7/31/2020."
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Darden pushed a bunch of its chains as a set of offers:

All of them are 10% back up to $15 ($150 total spend including tips/taxes). Even though they are listed as ToGo, they work through all dining methods except third party orders/delivery.

The ones I got are:
-Olive Garden
-Yard House
-Capital Grille
-Seasons 52

Looks like it can be done over multi-visits, but they are a short leash of a month to use (6/20). I do have a new Longhorn in the region, but they didn't give me that one. I am sure others might have gotten Cheddars or Eddie V. You can stack as YH regularly has 15% off these days and Olive Garden is still do some online codes for ToGo.

Probably like others, I am pretty tired/not interested in ToGo as much anymore, but I also have my doubts that restaurants can effectively prevent spread of virus in their dining rooms. What has been even worse for me is some are not making certain items because of lack of demand.
Old May 21, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I saw the Olive Garden offer as well. I loaded it, but am not sure I will use it. I wonder if Amex tracks how many of these are converted and if that affects your ability to get offfers int he future? I often add them to my card so I can see more offers, but I worry it may “cost me something” in their algorithm.
Old May 21, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I saw the Olive Garden offer as well. I loaded it, but am not sure I will use it. I wonder if Amex tracks how many of these are converted and if that affects your ability to get offfers int he future? I often add them to my card so I can see more offers, but I worry it may “cost me something” in their algorithm.
I don't think it matters. Because, I always load Tiffany's and NEVER use it and Amex keeps adding it to all my cards😃
Old May 22, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I can say confidently and based on my total savings from these offers since they became a benefit that adding the offer to your card does not impact your ability to get the offer in the future. I am amazed how many cardholders are afraid to add the offer promptly and let it sit in the available offers list. If you see something that you might use, add it promptly. Most of the offers have a limit on how many cardholders can add them before they disappear. They definitely track redemption rate, but not for the purpose of giving you the offer again as a non-redeemer.

What does impact the future of your offers is the following:

-Actual redemption of the offer (getting the promised extra points or rebate). Some merchants will reduce future offers to those who have used an offer in a certain historic period. Some merchants do the opposite and promote "bounceback" offers to get repeat customers since you would have experience with the merchant.
-Other spending in targeted categories. Especially in high-end offers, you need to have used your card for "similar" type of merchants or categories or specific regions where "targeted" marketing indicate you are likely to consider the offer.
-Whether you are using your card recently, staying active.

If a merchant does ongoing promotions (like Darden, the wine companies, the boxed flowers, etc.), they will happily give you the offer again. I have received Darden offers regularly (even when I have already used them).
Old May 22, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Get 10% back at Capital Grill - To Go up to $15 good until 6/20. Looks like to qualify you must make a phone order. I don’t know if you can order under normal circumstances “to go”
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:55 pm

RE: Cable/Satellite bill offer
paying xfinity/comcast internet did not trigger this so I guess this is working as its supposed to :-/
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by bizum
RE: Cable/Satellite bill offer
paying xfinity/comcast internet did not trigger this so I guess this is working as its supposed to :-/
I only subscribe to internet service from Comcast and it has always triggered the offer for me. How long has it been since the charge posted? It can take a couple of days, especially if there's a weekend inbetween.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Has anyone split their wireless bill? Is that against T&C?

I have a $20 monthly credit available on my Biz Plat and a $10 monthly credit available on my Green card.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
Has anyone split their wireless bill? Is that against T&C?

I have a $20 monthly credit available on my Biz Plat and a $10 monthly credit available on my Green card.
I used $20 on my Platinium and $10 on my Green on the same cellphone account on June 1st and both have been credited.
txpenny likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.