Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:44 am

Received clear $179 offer on my Gold card also. Anybody know we could use the delta membership rate of $119 plus a family member $60 and still trigger the credit?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Strange they are offering the clear benefit on the Hilton Am Ex since they raised the rates on the Am Ex platinum and are bragging clear reimbursement is a benefit of the increased fee.

I get clear free as a benefit of Delta but may as well offer to pay the fee with my Hilton Card and my Platinum card for a couple friends for a nice gesture.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by highops
No point in Delta Diamond or United whatever status anymore.
I tend to agree, cheaper and less headache to just pay for the upgrade.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
No, the main purpose of CLEAR is not to save time, nor to avoid taking your ID out of your pocket. The main purpose is to cut in front of other people and look down upon them.
How tall are you?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by kimichan1987
Received clear $179 offer on my Gold card also. Anybody know we could use the delta membership rate of $119 plus a family member $60 and still trigger the credit?
The language says single purchase for the gold offer. A couple years ago I did this and it posted as two transactions. I called and after several months they reimbursed since it looked lol me a single transaction to me. So, it's YMMV and might require work.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
You forgot that you get the WTMD and not the indignity & annoyance of the Nude-O-Scope®️.
Yes I definitely agree.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
My first Home Chef order arrived today at the hotel I'm staying in. I'm honestly very pleased with their new microwaveable dinners and breakfast options. I have one more order coming next week, so I can say this is perhaps one of my favorite Amex Offers this year.

From a delivery box to the microwave at HGI and into my stomach 😁

BEFORE
cfischer and Stgermainparis like this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jul 15, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Marriott Homes and Villas, International, $200 off $1000, Exp 9/24/21, online only.
Edit: Only online transactions made at the below website:

homesandvillasbymarriott.com

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jul 18, 2021 at 7:02 am
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Marriott Homes and Villas, International, $200 off $1000, Exp 9/24/21, online only.
Edit: Only online transactions made at the below website:

homesandvillasbymarriott.com
Got that too on my Marriott card. Anyone know of any GC options?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Got that too on my Marriott card. Anyone know of any GC options?
Good luck, but it says no gift cards and that you have to go through that particular site. Maybe it's coded a certain way, or maybe not. It would be nice if any Marriott stay would accidentally qualify 😁
Old Jul 19, 2021, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
My first Home Chef order arrived today at the hotel I'm staying in. I'm honestly very pleased with their new microwaveable dinners and breakfast options. I have one more order coming next week, so I can say this is perhaps one of my favorite Amex Offers this year.
We have enjoyed ours too.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
My Blue Business Plus $25 off $500 has worked twice in July. Was it extended or did some have an expiration date beyond 6/30/21?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by OC_Matt
My Blue Business Plus $25 off $500 has worked twice in July
I did not see an extension, but I do see that a purchase made 7.7.2021 generated a credit. There is also a 7.15.2021 purchase that "could" generate another.
OC_Matt likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
New cardmember here trying to figure some things out.

I see a whole bunch of offers....a handful are ok, though nothing great at least right now. I've now added the ones of potential interest to my account. Is just making a purchase with the relevant merchant all I have to do to 'redeem' the offer - ie, do those credits happen automatically? Don't know about the app, but on the amex website, in the offers section, the ones I have added now have a 'redeem now' (or similar) button. Do I need to manually click that after making a purchase at the vendor for the cash back/credit to go on the account? If so, do I need to wait until those transactions officially post?

Also, do I assume offers are by card and not account - ie, do I have to pay with my card specifically, or can my wife, who has an AU card on my account make the purchase instead?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
New cardmember here trying to figure some things out.

I see a whole bunch of offers....a handful are ok, though nothing great at least right now. I've now added the ones of potential interest to my account. Is just making a purchase with the relevant merchant all I have to do to 'redeem' the offer - ie, do those credits happen automatically? Don't know about the app, but on the amex website, in the offers section, the ones I have added now have a 'redeem now' (or similar) button. Do I need to manually click that after making a purchase at the vendor for the cash back/credit to go on the account? If so, do I need to wait until those transactions officially post?

Also, do I assume offers are by card and not account - ie, do I have to pay with my card specifically, or can my wife, who has an AU card on my account make the purchase instead?
Just save the offer to your card then pay directly with your Amex card at the merchant -- takes about a week for the credit to fully post (once in a while it'll get delayed by few weeks)

AU cards get a separate card number and their own offers (create separate online AU login to check for offers on AU card) -- can't save offer to primary card and have AU make purchase (primary card needs to make it)

Don't use Paypal -- Apple/Google/Samsung Pay is fine

Special link to see more than 100 offers: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/speci...ex-offers-100/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.