Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
“Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 in one or more transactions, on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts from 4/30/2021 to 6/30/2021.“

Looks like it may be limited to US properties. From the terms:

”Offer valid at all participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in the US and U.S. territories, including those under the brands Park Hyatt, Miraval, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Andaz, Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Destination by Hyatt, JDV by Hyatt, Caption by Hyatt or Alila.”
SanDiego1K and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Just saw that Hyatt offer on my platinium. They must know that my reservations are always after the expiration date 😐
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:20 pm

So no positive data points about HD Home Depot shipped physical gift cards?

I need moving supplies but it looks like all deliveries are scheduled and not shipped
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by lax01

I need moving supplies but it looks like all deliveries are scheduled and not shipped
Goes to 3rd party website for ordering/processing
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by lax01

interesting thought, anyone with feedback?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan
Goes to 3rd party website for ordering/processing
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
interesting thought, anyone with feedback?
I didn't realize "Ship to Store" was so readily available - I bought all of my packing supplies via this method and shipped to a store near me - already got the AMEX email that I got a $100 credit incoming ($20 for $120 in shipping materials, I'll take that)
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 8:35 pm

My Plat and P2’s Plat both have the Instacart $250/$50 offer. We both used the offer twice $250+ to get $50 x2 credited at least a month ago. For some reason, on both cards the first credit says Instacart/Walmart Bentonville and the second credit days Instacart San Francisco. Every purchase on both cards was for Walmart. But on my card, the Instacart still shows on the available offers while P2’s offer fell off. I actually used my offers first, at least a month ago. In situations like this where the offer stick adoind, should I still expect to get the credit if it’s still there this far out? I don’t want to spend $250 to find out.
Old May 2, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
... I don’t want to spend $250 to find out.
If you use do use this offer, you'll still spend more than by doing your shopping in person. With that in mind I still used these offers between 2 household members. All of them paid the rebates exactly as promised (regardless of how the billing looked). And it some purchases would not get properly detected, you can always request a manual credit.
Old May 2, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
4% back on Crocs? Is this a joke?
IndyHoosier and DC9 like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Fine Resorts and Hotels, Hotel Collections, $150 off $800 (Pre-Paid Only) Exp 7/1/21.

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued Consumer and Business Platinum and Centurion American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for prepaid hotel bookings with Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection properties made directly with American Express Travel through amextravel.com, the Amex® App, or by calling the phone number on the back of your eligible Card. Qualifying transactions must total a minimum of $800 by 7/1/2021, in accordance with these terms, to be eligible for a one-time $150 statement credit. Excludes car or cruise bookings, online chat transactions, flight bookings, flight+hotel packages, gift cards, travel insurance, and travelers’ cheques. Valid only to US Card Members. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. is acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers and is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. Certain suppliers pay us commission and other incentives for reaching sales targets or other goals and may provide incentives to our travel consultants. For more information visit www.americanexpress.com/travelterms. California CST#1022318; Washington UBI#600-469-694 Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/1/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K1ZW:0001
Old May 3, 2021, 4:42 am

There's some new Amex Offers for MGM Resorts, Wayfair, Park N Fly (airports), Neimas Marcus, Adidas, and a few others on my platinum card.
Old May 3, 2021, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
4% back on Crocs? Is this a joke?

No. It is a crock.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Fine Resorts and Hotels, Hotel Collections, $150 off $800 (Pre-Paid Only) Exp 7/1/21.
Does anyone know if you booked an Amex FHR prepaid stay prior to this offer and got the $200 COIVD travel credit, can you cancel, and then rebook to take advantage of this offer or will that result in the clawback of the $200 credit?
Old May 3, 2021, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Does anyone know if you booked an Amex FHR prepaid stay prior to this offer and got the $200 COIVD travel credit, can you cancel, and then rebook to take advantage of this offer or will that result in the clawback of the $200 credit?
I did something similar with the $200 airline credit. They clawed it back one day and added it back the same day. I booked a flight, got the $200 credit, but in the meantime I canceled the flight for an e-credit, but instead of giving me the e-credit, they refunded the entire amount for the flight which was over two days later. Then they took back the $200 credit and almost immediately credited it back. I purchased another airline ticket with a different airline after that.

Good luck.
Old May 3, 2021, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued Consumer and Business Platinum and Centurion American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for prepaid hotel bookings with Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection properties made directly with American Express Travel through amextravel.com, the Amex® App, or by calling the phone number on the back of your eligible Card. Qualifying transactions must total a minimum of $800 by 7/1/2021, in accordance with these terms, to be eligible for a one-time $150 statement credit. Excludes car or cruise bookings, online chat transactions, flight bookings, flight+hotel packages, gift cards, travel insurance, and travelers’ cheques. Valid only to US Card Members. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. is acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers and is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. Certain suppliers pay us commission and other incentives for reaching sales targets or other goals and may provide incentives to our travel consultants. For more information visit www.americanexpress.com/travelterms. California CST#1022318; Washington UBI#600-469-694 Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/1/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K1ZW:0001
Dang, I have like 8 FHR trips booked that I wouldn't mind rebooking to get this offer. Problem is, I don't see it being added to my Plat cards even after "clearing" out some room to bring me under 100 offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.