Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
The $10 credit was for multiple department stores, ....
Can this offer be used more than once?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Has anyone ever successfully had the MGM front desk bill you early (for the cash back on room charges offer)?

I'm checking out on 1/6 and my offer expires 1/5, but I should hit $250+. I can ask for them to close out the reservation and start another for one night but would rather them just bill me $250 (instead of a hold) and then I can do the balance on check-out.
never has any hotel in the world refused my request for placing a "deposit" on the folio at checkin. this is my SOP when utilizing Chase/AMEX Offers as it secures the exact amount needed to trigger the offer, allows for multiple "deposits" to trigger multiple offers, and allows the excess folio charges to naturally post against the most rewarding credit card, usually Chase WOH or Sapphire Reserve.
Gig103 and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
You can get discounts via the "change of address card" at the USPS... go get that mail pack and there are usually discounts at lowes and other things people need when they move. No need to wait for an Amex offer
Lowes used to offer 10% off coupon but recently it's only $20 off $100. Anyone else experience the same or is this because we've "moved" to current address too many times?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Just got the Lowes offer (10% up to 100) yesterday and had to use because my Fridge died! The 100 bucks came in handy! (well I hit the cap).

Safe Travels
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
I did. I successfully used it at 2 department stores in obviously two different transactions. It was capped at $20 though - so the second credit was less than 10%. But it still applied
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I did. I successfully used it at 2 department stores....
Was a credit generated promptly after the first transaction, or only after you made the second purchase?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Signed up the Sam's club membership offer this morning. Going thru the link inside the offer however it quickly redirect to a new screen. Thankfully at the top of the redirected screen shows the wordings of the $25 statement credit AMEX offer. At the final screen after payment when the new membership number is generated, it said the $25 statement credit will be applied to your American Express account by June 30, 2019!

This discrepancy prompted me to make a screen shot of the CURRENT AMEX offer that ends on 1/31/2020.

$45 is shown pending on the enrolled card, but there is no Congrat email from AMEX. We will see whether the credit would be automatically posted or requires a follow up....
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mia
I don't think know, I think the offer disappeared after I used it. I think that was the same for the home improvement stores one.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:07 am

I did. I successfully used it at 2 department stores in obviously two different transactions. It was capped at $20 though - so the second credit was less than 10%. But it still applied
So your offer was 10%? Mine was purely $10 off $75, so definitely not as great. Still no credit, I will wait until a little closer to the closing date and then call Amex to see if they will give me a manual credit. The good thing is I will at least have my email that I received as proof.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Happy
Found on business card - 10% rebate on Lowes stores up to $100, ends June 30.
+1. On AU also. In the past I was able to get Visa GC $200 with a $6.95 fee. I will try again, if I get the credit it offsets the AF (I was thinking of closing card this year due to increased AF)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by HIFlya
So your offer was 10%? Mine was purely $10 off $75, so definitely not as great. Still no credit, I will wait until a little closer to the closing date and then call Amex to see if they will give me a manual credit. The good thing is I will at least have my email that I received as proof.
Yes, if memory serves it was 10% off up to $20.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Unexpected bonus -- had an offer that was eligible up to 3x by 12/31/2019, for a service I signed up for late in the year and billed me on 11/1 and 12/1. So I just assumed I would only get the offer twice, but got a surprise on Jan 1 when I received a "you just used your offer" email for a charge that was pending Jan 1, posted Jan 2, and the credit showed up today backdated to the 3rd.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:06 am

I booked a JetBlue Vacations package on 12/31, posted 1/1. Although no $400 credit yet, it looks like it coded for 5x, which Delta Vacations did not for me. Seems interesting.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Uber Eats

DETAILS

Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $15 or more on the Uber Eats mobile app or online at ubereats.com by 3/6/2020. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $10). See terms.

Found on the Marriott Bonbon card.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sam's Club Offers Interim Updates

1) $25/45 New Membership Offer - Order placed on 1/03, never received Congrat email. Transaction initially showed as Samsclub.com at pending stage, but posted as Sam's Club Membership on the weekend. Offer still shows active.

2) $15/$30 on Samsclub.com Offer - Order placed on 1/06 30 min ago. No Congrat email either.

Hopefully the statement credits still will post without intervention needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.