Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ymx
We ordered a ship to home item from Home Depot for $100 and received the $100 credit back in June, with the intention of returning the item fir store credit.

I just returned from traveling and my wife returned it to Home Depot while I was away and they told her they couldn’t issue a store credit and refunded back to my Amex Platinum.

if I make a $100 purchase today on my Platinum card at Home Depot will that reduce the chance that Amex will claw back the credit?
I doubt that because the promotional period has ended. Perhaps the original charge maybe clawed back, I’m not sure then reports of that however it’s highly probable..
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Google One (Cloud storage) annual plan
20% on $19.99+ purchase. Expires 11/27.

Originally Posted by gooselee
I saw this. Went to my Google One account. Next renewal is 11/28/2021. D'oh!

I need to dig in more, but anyone know off the bat if there's a way to get Google to run the charge a day or two early?
I have this offer as well too. I'm guessing it'll only work up to the 2TB plan as that's the largest storage tier with an annual fee?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Get 5,000 additional miles after using your enrolled Card to spend $7,000+ in one or more eligible transactions, up to 3 times by 10/31/2021.

I just got this on my Business Delta Reserve and Business Delta Platinum.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
NEW OFFERS! Check your cards.....

* Hilton/Curio/Canopy*IHG/Kimpton*Good Year
and some others
US locations only
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer

and some others
US locations only
Anyone else having issues adding Offers today?

I can see the new ones, but clicking on "Add to Card" results in an error saying something about not being able to display details. The offers do not move to the "Added" tab and when I refresh or log out/log back in, they're still under the Available tab.

Hopefully just a website hiccup and I'll be able to add them later today. Hilton is great as I have a stay this weekend!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:54 am

Hello, in my offers I had one for “Solo Stove”. I am like ... is Solo Stove, a food prep company?

Nope! Bonfire pit. I so want one of these now.

https://www.solostove.com/solo-stove-bonfire/

The FAQ includes such awesome questions and answers as

Will my Bonfire be hot when in use?YES! Do not touch any part of the Bonfire when in use. It will be extremely hot. Children should always be under parental supervision when around the Bonfire. Use common sense and treat the Bonfire like any other fire.

spend $250, get $50 back.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Hello, in my offers I had one for “Solo Stove”. I am like ... is Solo Stove, a food prep company?

My brother has one of these. Can confirm they've pretty nice and really do minimize the smoke blowing in your face.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Amazon +5 MR/$ spent, up to 1500 bonus points
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Lululemon, spend $100, get 2,000 MR points
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti

I like the small ones made of titanium that you force feed debris. Great for emergencies.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Of course, my one upcoming Hilton chain stay will be at an HGI.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer

and some others
US locations only
Intercontinental and Kimpton: $60 off of $300
Doubletree and Tapestry: $45 off of $225
Hilton, Curio, and Canopy: $50 off of $250

Not on the Hilton card, natch.

$50 off of $250 at Goodyear. Is it time for new tires?
$5.99 off of $5.99 at EpixNow. Do you need yet another streaming service? I thought they all gave a month free anyhow.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Intercontinental and Kimpton: $60 off of $300
Doubletree and Tapestry: $45 off of $225
Hilton, Curio, and Canopy: $50 off of $250

Not on the Hilton card, natch.
We have two aspire cards and would definitely book the hotel if the offer is on either cards. unfortunately, both offers are on the platinum cards, I would think that this is useless. The 20% off in comparison to Aspire return and possible breakfast made me think it was a bad deal to actually use platinum to book the hotels.

American express did this way too many times on my collection of cc

Last edited by mia; Aug 3, 2021 at 5:46 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ou5603
We have two aspire cards and would definitely book the hotel if the offer is on either cards. unfortunately, both offers are on the platinum cards, I would think that this is useless. The 20% off in comparison to Aspire return and possible breakfast made me think it was a bad deal to actually use platinum to book the hotels.

Book on the hotel website using the Aspire card. When you show up, have them run your platinum card for the amount to qualify for the offer ($250 or whatever). The rest goes on your Aspire card at checkout. Still get breakfast benefits with loyalty membership and 14x or whatever Hilton points on the balance.
renila likes this.

Last edited by mia; Aug 3, 2021 at 5:46 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ou5603

Free breakfast is based on your diamond status not what credit card you use.
This is a great deal. Everytime I get a Hilton offer I use my Platinum or Delta card and at checkin tell the front desk to charge whaterver the minimum is plus $1 to be safe (in this case I would do $251 but $250 would work) and the balance to go on my Hilton Am Ex or my chase sapphire card. I did it a couple months ago with no issue when I had a DT offer.

Same with Marriott and Hyatt. I have their credit cards and like the points. I had an offer for Marriott ironically on my Hilton card and had them charge the first $200 or $250 to my Hilton Am Ex and the balance to my Hyatt and same with my Marriott offer. Can't remember whichchain it was at but the Hotel clerk did laugh I was using a Hilton card for part of it and was Hilton points for a competitors stay but understood why when I told them the logic.
renila, MaxVO and IndyHoosier like this.

Last edited by mia; Aug 3, 2021 at 5:47 pm Reason: Formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.