Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2020 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:00 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by impinth06
Just curious, would you share your approx geographical location? I have the suspicion that Amex may be taking into account your spending as a percentile compare to your local area (ie. spending requirement in Orange County may be significantly higher than say Douglas County Omaha, NE)

Thank you
They always do this...
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: American Express Centurion
Originally Posted by SteveT
Out of curiosity, what does your spending consist of? Media buys?
Yes and shipping
SteveT likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
My credit limit wasn't in the millions. I think it was 75K for a long time? I literally paid the credit card each day in order to keep the account moving along. On the weekends, I'd forget sometimes and by Monday, I'd. have to pay and sometimes call in order to be able to spend again.

Originally Posted by newbie88
I have a question. with a credit card, the SPG business, you are given a credit limit and in your case it was at least in the millions. But with a charge card there is no history of your usage with this card. Isn't that counter-intuitive? I know one person that had the business credit that got the centurion business and he nowhere charged what you did.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 11:34 pm

Just received my business centurion! The centurion rep left me a voicemail Thursday morning saying we've been invited.

Went through a 35 min application and was sent the card the next day.

Background info:

2-year business platinum member.
Avg $1.5M per month in spend.
10% of that spend was on travel and dining
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: AMEX Business Platinum; AMEX Gold
Hello! Question for any Centurion card holders about the invitation process. I was watching a video about the Centurion card (as one does), and noticed that the Youtuber forgot to blur out the phone number on the back of the card; the phone number ending in 0987.

I called the number, and it asked for my card number to verify my identity, so I put in my business platinum card number. It then said "Are you interested in becoming an American Express Centurion Cardholder? Please say yes or no."

I said "yes", and it said, "alright, connecting you with a representative", and started ringing. I freaked out and hung up, because I don't qualify for one right now, but has anyone who has a Centurion card gone through that process?

Is that just to register your interest for a Centurion card, much like the form on Centurion.com, or is that actually one way to get considered for one?

My going theory is that it probably gets you farther than just registering your interest on a form (otherwise they could have automated it rather than patching you to a live representative), but still doesn't move the needle all of the way, and they need to extend an invitation.

Could anyone validate my theory?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It may put you on the radar screen, but if you don't normally qualify, you don't qualify. Not that that answers your question! Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA Mileage Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nathan Sykes
Hello! Question for any Centurion card holders about the invitation process. I was watching a video about the Centurion card (as one does), and noticed that the Youtuber forgot to blur out the phone number on the back of the card; the phone number ending in 0987.

I called the number, and it asked for my card number to verify my identity, so I put in my business platinum card number. It then said "Are you interested in becoming an American Express Centurion Cardholder? Please say yes or no."

I said "yes", and it said, "alright, connecting you with a representative", and started ringing. I freaked out and hung up, because I don't qualify for one right now, but has anyone who has a Centurion card gone through that process?

Is that just to register your interest for a Centurion card, much like the form on Centurion.com, or is that actually one way to get considered for one?

My going theory is that it probably gets you farther than just registering your interest on a form (otherwise they could have automated it rather than patching you to a live representative), but still doesn't move the needle all of the way, and they need to extend an invitation.

They note your account that you are interested. Good luck and welcome!
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nathan Sykes

I think its a couple of things. 1) To register your interest without having to speak with a representative and 2) Creating a list of potential "Optio" card invites for those who may not qualify for the Centurion.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by JohnzCA
Just received my business centurion! The centurion rep left me a voicemail Thursday morning saying we've been invited.

Went through a 35 min application and was sent the card the next day.

Background info:

2-year business platinum member.
Avg $1.5M per month in spend.
10% of that spend was on travel and dining
Congrats!

Have you noticed any improvement of the material of the card between your personal and new business Centurion?
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by SteveT
Congrats!

Have you noticed any improvement of the material of the card between your personal and new business Centurion?
The new personal and business centurion is exactly the same.

The only difference is it says the company name under my name and on the back of the card it says "business"
SteveT likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:29 am

There is a certain minimum credit limit that is applicable on the Centurion Card, depending on the country. The higher you spend and pay up on time, the higher your credit worthiness increases with Amex. As soon as you reach the minimum credit threshold for a Centurion, they invite you. Another way to get a Centurion is to deposit the minimum credit limit amount for a Centurion as a guarantee with Amex. They will issue the Centurion card to you. That's how I got mine :-). Centurion personal

Of course I did build up a good history with them starting with the Gold Card and then the Platinum charge card but soon realized I wouldnt be able to reach the spend required to reach the credit threshold of the Centurion. Plus I build a good relationship with the sales rep at Amex who was responsible for the Centurion card. That helped a lot. He was the one who told me this little secret :-)

Last edited by mia; Aug 27, 2020 at 7:34 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Fchishti
....Another way to get a Centurion is to deposit the minimum credit limit amount for a Centurion as a guarantee with Amex. They will issue the Centurion card to you.....
1. Deposit what amount and where?
2. Centurion card issued in which country?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mia
1. Deposit what amount and where?
2. Centurion card issued in which country?
Sorry I cant tell you the country as that could get my friend at Amex in trouble. The amount really depends on each country. The deposit has to be made with American Express, they give you an amex bank account number and you deposit the amount to that account. Your pre-set spending limit will be that guarantee amount
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Fchishti
....deposit has to be made with American Express,....
There are a number of private banks that also offer a deposit based path to Centurion. The cards are typically International Dollar/Euro versions, which have different benefits than the USA-issued cards.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mia
There are a number of private banks that also offer a deposit based path to Centurion. The cards are typically International Dollar/Euro versions, which have different benefits than the USA-issued cards.
Yes right, certain law firms as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.