Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Back MR Points from Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Transferring Back MR Points from Aeroplan?

Long story short, I transferred about 115k worth of MR to Aeroplan a couple days ago to book 2 business class tickets that we're available (according to Expert Flyer and United there were 5 seats available for this flight in April 2020). When I went to book the flights, Aeroplan's website error'd out multiple times and when I finally got someone on the phone, they told me they couldn't book the flights as my Aeroplan account had been "manually migrated" to the new system and would take 48+ hours to do so.

Upon checking this morning, the flights are no longer available and I'd prefer to have the points back in my MR so I can potentially transfer to other partners if flights with Aeroplan don't open up. Considering the circumstances around this incident, who would I contact to try to get the point transfer reversed - Amex or Aeroplan?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:03 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
IIRC the terms you agree to when you imitate the transfer from the MR website is that the transfer is uncancellable and irrevocable.

I believe you’re stuck with your AE miles. It was just terrible timing with the AC transition to Amadeus and the AC takeover of AE being implemented.

Sorry I don’t have better news
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:39 pm

Sorry but you are 100 percent out of luck. Zero chance you get them moved back.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
What about trying to get AP to open up award space? There should be a record of your call and notice of the 48hr hold. Also unlikely, but maybe worth a shot.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gig103
What about trying to get AP to open up award space? There should be a record of your call and notice of the 48hr hold. Also unlikely, but maybe worth a shot.
It's for an LX flight so I highly doubt they can do that unless I'm mistaken?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.