Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Signed up with targeted 100k bonus, AMEX now says no bonus at all? [Resolved]

Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Applied for AMEX Platinum in mid-October and was approved over the telephone after verifying address information a few days later. Since then, I have worked diligently to meet the minimum spend requirement. Yesterday I contacted AMEX CS to eliminate cash advances and asked to check on my progress. CS stated that there is NO sign up bonus on my account, not even 60k. I offered to cancel my account as I would have never applied for a no bonus card. CS said he would begin an investigation into the bonus.

Has this happened to anyone else, and was there a happy resolution? I have until December 11 to cancel and recoup the annual fee.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PilotinTraining
...not even 60k.....

If you are not eligible for the offer that you tried to use American Express will not substitute another bonus.

How did you receive the targeted bonus, by email or postal mail? (If you "found" the bonus online and were not targeted, you are not eligible.)

Do you still have a copy of the targeted invitation?

Did you initially apply online, and save a copy of the screen showing the 100,000 point bonus? Telephone applications are not eligible if the terms of the offer require an online application.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

I applied directly through the AMEX website while looking at the "find the right card for you" and seeing the offer.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Great news, I called a couple more times the past few weeks, and finally a CSR added the bonus. Met MS last night and 100k MR deposited this morning. Yay!
GTITAN likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.