Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by tangfish
Approaching my 20th year with them, I have to say the benefits and quality of service are worse than ever in 2022.
Year 16...and looks like my final. With the $2,000 credit I barely justified it last year....now?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:03 pm
BLV

I’ve been in touch with my Cent team in the last few days arranging some travel, rentals & tracking of a rare bottle of bubbly out of state. Got a response just now and this is the first time this disclaimer appears on the bottom. Not a good look, Amex…..

Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Talking

Originally Posted by BLV
INot a good look, Amex…..
Come on, what do you expect for $5,000 a year?
grazing and PMFR like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:53 pm

20 year Centurion member and it's beyond horrible. Whoever thought this pod system was a good idea might have made the worst decision imaginable. But moreover, we pay $5,000 a card and can't even get through to anyone. All hours. The reps don't know the benefits well either, and often I am the one informing them of what I need to redeem. And I could go on and on about the errors. The relationship manager is a joke. I miss the old days when you spoke to the reps in Fort Lauderdale. It was a solid machine and a solid program. Complete was of $ at this point and shocked anyone would want this. When renewal comes up in October, I'm dumping it.
HKG_Flyer1 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Year 16...and looks like my final. With the $2,000 credit I barely justified it last year....now?

wait a minutes, what is $2000 credit? i have business centurion card and did not receive any credit this year.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by willliamjia
wait a minutes, what is $2000 credit? i have business centurion card and did not receive any credit this year.
Personal centurion, and believe it was given late 2020, then extended. I just haven't needed to take $2,000 in flights to use it...yet.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by nnjcafl
20 year Centurion member and it's beyond horrible. Whoever thought this pod system was a good idea might have made the worst decision imaginable. But moreover, we pay $5,000 a card and can't even get through to anyone. All hours. The reps don't know the benefits well either, and often I am the one informing them of what I need to redeem. And I could go on and on about the errors. The relationship manager is a joke. I miss the old days when you spoke to the reps in Fort Lauderdale. It was a solid machine and a solid program. Complete was of $ at this point and shocked anyone would want this. When renewal comes up in October, I'm dumping it.
Why wait? You can cancel any time and receive a prorated refund of the $5,000. I used to say the same thing, but I found it was an excuse to put of cancelling. I know at this point IF I keep it I'm being irrational.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Personal centurion, and believe it was given late 2020, then extended. I just haven't needed to take $2,000 in flights to use it...yet.
It doesn't have to be flights - it also works for hotel and car rental.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:21 pm

Or book flights and cancel and take the airline credit good for one year - doesn’t the extension end next month?
Old May 8, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
I’m almost at 20 years and have also arrived at the same conclusion re: the Pod model. Complete ish-show.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:52 pm

Oh, Business centurion got $1500 credit in 2020 but there is nothing 2021 and 2022.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Or book flights and cancel and take the airline credit good for one year - doesn’t the extension end next month?
That’s my plan. Plan to book a fall trip this week on United and should it fall through…take the credit.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:02 am

Why wait? You can cancel any time and receive a prorated refund of the $5,000. I used to say the same thing, but I found it was an excuse to put of cancelling. I know at this point IF I keep it I'm being irrational.
I asked, was told I wouldn't get a pro-rated refund.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:26 am

I asked, was told I wouldn't get a pro-rated refund.

YRMV , in the past I cancelled a supplemental Centurion account and received a prorated refund.
nnjcafl and jem008 like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by nyc2cal
I looked at the website and the language about the Mandarin Oriental, Ritz et al. having this benefit is gone, but it does say what I quote below. Is this better, in that it's not restricted to selected hotels only? I wonder what I'm missing, since I find it all too likely the benefit was eroded (which would take enormous chutzpah given what is going on right now with the service).

With each Centurion Fine Hotels + Resorts® booking, receive:
  • Room upgrade at time of reservation, if available1
  • With a minimum two-night stay, receive an additional Centurion benefit of a US$100 or US$200 food & beverage or spa credit
It only works for some brand like aman, MO, st. Regis, WA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.