Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Gold - Car Rental benefits - Piggyback to additional member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

I recently added my girlfriend as an additional member to my Amex Gold account. We received her card in the mail (has a different number than my card) and were planning a trip in the near future.

If I book a rental car under my name and pay with my card, will the rental insurance benefit apply to her?

If I book a rental car under her name, but pay with my card, will the rental insurance benefit apply to her?

Or....is that in order for her to receive the benefit, she needs to pay with her card and only her card?

Last edited by Mckenna34; Oct 9, 2019 at 4:36 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

The terms of the benefit are here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/cont...ev%2003-18.pdf

As I read it, either one of you can rent the car and pay with your own card. The other person needs to be listed on the rental agreement as an Authorized Driver (there may be a fee for this). Then, the coverage applies if either of you are driving.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk.

As I read it, either one of you can rent the car and pay with your own card. The other person needs to be listed on the rental agreement as an Authorized Driver (there may be a fee for this). Then, the coverage applies if either of you are driving.
Ahh I see. That makes sense. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.