Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum and Gold: How much do you use your Amex per month?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum and Gold: How much do you use your Amex per month?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
I have the business cards. Our spending is seasonal, but:

Plat: Max I think we spent was $230k in one month. Low of $40k.. Averages out to maybe $75k/month?
Gold: Max was probably around $40k (mostly 4x categories, hooray!), I bet it averages $25k/month?

Amex says earned 2.3M points this year so far, but hard to know for sure with the new interface??
Love those cards and put almost half of our CC spend on them by dollar I figure.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GTITAN
I have 4 Amex Cards and use as follows (subject to the below caveat):

1. Amex Plt for airfare and prepaid hotels through the portal (note, I don't book many prepaid stays through it).
2. Amex Gold for groceries and dining
3. Hilton Aspire for all Hilton spend
4. Amex BBP for all other non-bonus spending not covered above.

Caveat, if a good sync offer comes up I will use 1-3 on categories that may not otherwise apply (such as combining the Aspire and the Plt this year at the Hilton Helsinki strand to get the 100 credit off the Plt and the Hilton points with the Aspire).

I just moved to the World of Amex in July after years of spending solely on the AA MC Ex but got a little frustrated with it when Citi gutted the benefits and AA miles are increasingly difficult to use. Anything that I can put to the credit card (without plastiq) goes to it, so my spend will be high five figures this year and 6 figures next year.

Safe Travels

Safe Travels
Card by card exactly what I do. Only difference is I use the Hilton Ascend/Surpass card to get the extra free night after $15k spend, which is easier to achieve than $60k for the Aspire (I have both cards).

Sad part of committing to Amex is not all places take it, so usually have to keep Chase Freedom 5X rotations or Freedom Unlimited 1.5% as backup cards.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Card by card exactly what I do. Only difference is I use the Hilton Ascend/Surpass card to get the extra free night after $15k spend, which is easier to achieve than $60k for the Aspire (I have both cards).

Sad part of committing to Amex is not all places take it, so usually have to keep Chase Freedom 5X rotations or Freedom Unlimited 1.5% as backup cards.
Yeah, I hate that and same my boat. I am trying to decide which card makes sense as a back-up card, the Chase CSR, or Citi Prestige.

Just not sure .....

Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.