AMEX prepaid travel missing 5X points

Old Sep 12, 19, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

AMEX prepaid travel missing 5X points

I made a couple booking on the AMEX Travel portal end of August (one prepaid, another Fine Hotels). Neither of them received 5X the points nor did they even seem to trigger an AMEX offer that I had loaded to my Platinum Card. Instead they show up in the rewards summary as having been awarded 1X other category points.

It looks like the merchant name changed since the last time it worked for me in January -- expanding the transaction details shows the ones that didn't work "Doing business as: TRAVEL RESERVATION US" versus the ones that worked "Doing business as: AMEXTRAVEL.COM", with a corresponding address change from Chicago (Orbitz office?) to Bellevue WA (Expedia HQ?) even though they are the same company? Leads me to believe the coding of the transaction hasn't been updated on the AMEX side.

Anyone else running into this issue? I contacted AMEX a few times, so hopefully they'll fix it soon.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I assume the FHR you booked was prepaid. I just recently booked one and was given 5X points so it doesn't seem to be a global issue or anything.

Mine posted as AMEX FINE HOTELS RES and for points it says 5x amextravel.com

Search this Thread