Amex travel change fee?

Old Aug 19, 19, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Amex travel change fee?

Bought an air ticket through Amex travel 4 months ago. 2 days ago something came up and had to change it, so i got on the horn with Amex travel. The rep said the airline's change fee was $300 (Philippine air), and the fare difference was about $90. The rep also said they'd waive the $39 amex change fee as a courtesy.

So still no charge on my card (or pending). I'm starting to wonder if the rep actually waived all the fees. Anyone ever have something similar?

Biz plat if it makes a difference.
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:18 am

Did the ticket actually change? There is 0 chance they arenít passing the fee on.
Old Aug 20, 19, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jags86 View Post
Did the ticket actually change? There is 0 chance they arenít passing the fee on.
yes the departure date changed.
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 808traveler View Post
yes the departure date changed.
on the reservation or the ticket? With a ticket re-issue the change fee and fare difference should have appeared somewhere.
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
on the reservation or the ticket? With a ticket re-issue the change fee and fare difference should have appeared somewhere.
That's part of the mystery, no change on the re-issue either. Maybe the CSR was smokin crack and there's no fare difference or change fee...but they were quite clear that I would pay an extra $390. Weird.
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:40 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
The airline will process the change fee. Be patient.
Old Aug 30, 19, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
The airline will process the change fee. Be patient.
you were right! $399.90 finally hit my biz plat just today. Lol it sure took them awhile tho. Different statement... grumble grumble

Last edited by 808traveler; Aug 30, 19 at 10:13 am
Old Aug 30, 19, 10:01 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by 808traveler View Post
you were right! $399.90 finally hit my biz plat. Lol it sure took them awhile tho. Different statement... grumble grumble
It's always been my experience that credits can be applied immediately to reduce previous statement balances (if your payment hasn't been processed yet).
Old Aug 30, 19, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
It's always been my experience that credits can be applied immediately to reduce previous statement balances (if your payment hasn't been processed yet).
haven't had a chance to do anything, the charge literally just hit my card. the strange thing is that it's backdated to August 19. whatever.

Search this Thread