Who knows which airline I can select to buy gift cards?

Old Aug 13, 19, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Who knows which airline I can select to buy gift cards?

Is it still possible to buy gift card with the 200$ incidental airlines purchases? If so, let me know which airline can I use, whoever tried recently. Thanks
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mary11_ View Post
Is it still possible to buy gift card with the 200$ incidental airlines purchases? If so, let me know which airline can I use, whoever tried recently. Thanks
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

There's extensive discussion of this topic, including wiki posts, all of which you can find by looking in this forum, including:

AA
AS
B6
DL
HA
WN
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:53 pm

... went through each one and as of now there are no datapoints of buying GC. Only datapoints that work are purhchasing airfare for ~ $100 charges

Last edited by schindyguy; Aug 14, 19 at 12:57 pm Reason: clarity
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by schindyguy View Post
... went through each one and as of now there are no datapoints of buying GC. Only datapoints that work are purhchasing airfare for ~ $100 charges
I think you might want to reread all the posts since there definitely is talk about Gift Cards in all of those posts! Or are you saying there is "no datapoint" as in you can't buy Gift Cards with the credit anymore? If the later, then that seems to be true...Gift Card option dead for most (or at least the airlines I use as I didn't read every single airlines status on GC.)

Last edited by christianj; Aug 14, 19 at 2:12 pm
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

It looks that not anymore
Old Aug 15, 19, 11:23 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

American Express never intended to reimburse gift card purchases, and gift cards are no longer reimbursed for any airline. However, there are strategies where gift cards can be used to pay part of the cost of airfare, and paying the balance with Platinum, Gold or Aspire card may be reimbursed as an additional collection or similar. Details vary by carrier, and not all carriers sell gift cards.

Search this Thread