Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New (2019) Membership Rewards Summary [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:41 pm

Good to know. I know all of the Amex offers also stated that rebate will post in 8-12 weeks, but normally posted in something like 1-2 days. Not the same thing of course - but fingers crossed.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
If I ever had a bonus or offer that didn't post automatically within like 2 says then I would wait out the time limit in the terms and 100% of the time it had to be posted manually. But I waited because they wouldn't do it manually before the full time stated in the terms passed as they claimed it was still going to come automatically .
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Does anyone else prefer the old Membership Rewards account summary?

I have to say, I preferred the old website, where I just saw a snapshot of my monthly statement earnings, bonuses, adjustments, and I could go to my actual statement to see the details. Now with only having the line-by-line earning I find it information overload. Curious if anyone else agrees. I do admit that with cards like the PRG and the increasing variety of category bonuses, I understand the rationale, I just wish there was a summary page - by statement like in the past, or even a summation when I filter by "pending" or "paid" or "adjusted" for example.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Yes, I agree.. I feel like they are trying to overwhelm you with data, to the point you can’t easily keep track of your rewards and have to rely on the notion that Amex will always be accurate.

Sadly we all know on here, particularly with bonus categories, that is not always the case!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
... particularly with bonus categories, ....
What better way would there be to verify bonus category posting than seeing the amount earned on each individual transaction?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
My suspicion is the vast majority of Amex Users don’t bother looking that far into the statement. They get a bill each month, pay it, and then see that they have points. When they have a large purchase, travel, or something that allows them to redeem those points, they look at the big top number that says they have 30,00 or 300,000 or 3,000,000 points.

For those on this board, listing individual transactions makes our lives much easier in some ways. But, your average person will never really know whether that dinner three months ago was actually given their bonus restaurant multiplier or not would be my suspicion.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
What better way would there be to verify bonus category posting than seeing the amount earned on each individual transaction?
1. See my post above where statement shows 2x but actual points only 1x.
2. I have 5 different cards with a total of about 100-150 transactions per month. I don't want to scroll and scroll and scroll and check individual transactions. I'd MUCH rather see monthly: Amex Gold $1,500 spend, $5,700 points... since I use that card ALMOST only for 4x categories, that gives me PLENTY of information to confirm points are generally correct. That said, even if it shows 4x and calculates 4x, you have no idea if those are the points you have been or will be given in your balance. You can TRUST that it is, but there's essentially no way to tell.

Calling this new page a "Summary" is a joke; it has line by line detail. This page is literally the opposite of a summary page. But the real issue is that because you don't see transnational information; exactly when did points hit your account, it's literally impossible to reconcile and ensure AMEX is awarding you the points you deserve.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
At least 4 times (maybe more) since I have had Amex accounts, I have received letters stating that they made an error posting points, and I was due additional quantities. I remember at least one time it was quite large (to me), like maybe 30K? Other times were lower.

So they DO screw up, and sometimes they DO figure it out later on. (Maybe after someone here points it out to them?)

Anyhow, I like the new way of listing the points and bonuses by transactions. But you're correct that there is still no way to know if they subsequently credit your total correctly, other than keeping your own accounting of it on a spreadsheet or something.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Add me to those who are not fans of the new interface. It makes tracking monthly and annual earning difficult and cumbersome. Since the new interface introduction in July, there’s been no simple (and accurate) “Monthly Earning” and it’s not reasonable to expect people to reconcile (potentially hundreds of) individual transactions each month.

I created a spreadsheet but it was based on an accurate “Since January 1, 2019 Earned …” number. However, in the past month or so, that number for me has (arbitrarily) decreased by 43% without my spending or redeeming a single point while the “Points Balance” has remained accurate. (I cannot reconcile the new “Since January 1, 2019 Earned …” with anything from before or after the new interface introduction, it almost seems to be a random number.)

Chase does a much better job on this, each monthly UR point earning statement contains a section which clearly shows previous total, points earned in all categories and total points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.