Bad news for addt値 Business card members

Old Jul 31, 19, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/4MM, DL SM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt , AMEX Bus Plt
Bad news for addt値 Business card members

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...e-program-faq/

One of my employees received a letter today with link above. Any additional card members riding on and accumulating MR points from a Platinum Business card member will come to an end September 28th with October 31st as a deadline to redeem MR points or forfeiture will occur.

I am not aware of any other business cards that allow employees to accumulate points. Basic card member will accrue all points going forward.
Old Aug 1, 19, 7:14 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
There was some discussion when this change was announced in June:

Corporate Card / Membership Rewards changed?
Old Aug 1, 19, 8:00 am
Suspended
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by texmanufan View Post
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...e-program-faq/

One of my employees received a letter today with link above. Any additional card members riding on and accumulating MR points from a Platinum Business card member will come to an end September 28th with October 31st as a deadline to redeem MR points or forfeiture will occur.

I am not aware of any other business cards that allow employees to accumulate points. Basic card member will accrue all points going forward.
I do not see this is a BAD news. It is a business credit card and employees were not supposed to use business credit card to accumulate to personal accounts. AmEx just tries to fix its own problems.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:03 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
....employees were not supposed to use business credit card to accumulate to personal accounts. ....
This was an optional feature that the primary cardholder could choose to use, or not., based on their circumstances. For example, in a business with multiple owners this allowed each owner to accumulate separate rewards.
GUWonder and levilevi like this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/4MM, DL SM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt , AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by mia View Post
There was some discussion when this change was announced in June:

Corporate Card / Membership Rewards changed?
Sorry, didn't see that. Maybe threads can be combined.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia View Post
This was an optional feature that the primary cardholder could choose to use, or not., based on their circumstances. For example, in a business with multiple owners this allowed each owner to accumulate separate rewards.
But this only affects the point allocation. It has no impact on the total points earned. So I won't say this is BAD.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does this apply to the corporate card, the business card, or both?
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Only small business cards.

If business has 10 AU cards, I do not see AmEx wants to link and mange 10 MR accounts. This makes sense to me in order to cut admin costs.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

The change applies only to Business cards. That confusion is the topic of thread linked in my earlier reply.
Old Aug 4, 19, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
Only small business cards.

If business has 10 AU cards, I do not see AmEx wants to link and mange 10 MR accounts. This makes sense to me in order to cut admin costs.
Sounds like a cop-out to me. Business Plat cards cost more for AUs and to some businesses this was a feature not a detriment.
Old Aug 4, 19, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Sounds like a cop-out to me. Business Plat cards cost more for AUs and to some businesses this was a feature not a detriment.
Whatsoever. Little impact to most people anyhow. No use to complain.
Old Sep 19, 19, 7:25 am

Unhappy AmEx canceled ability to give points to individaul users on business account - help!

We've been AmEx Business users for a couple decades -- 12 people in the firm, a couple Business Platinum cards and everyone else has a Business Gold card. One of the great AmEx benefits is that each individual card user gets their own MR points from their own card usage. At least until now.

Problem: Going forward (starting 9/1/2019), AmEx tells us that all of the points on all of the business account cards will go only to the primary card holder. That's not what we want. We want the individual users to get the points.

Has anyone seen this, and how have you solved it -- either w/ AmEx, or w/ another business card? Fwiw, we prefer not to have users charge to personal cards and get reimbursed, that's a hassle for everyone. We're looking, ideally, for a single Business / Corporate card account, with individual cards for users, and rewards points going to the respective individual users.

Thanks for your guidance.
Old Sep 19, 19, 7:39 am
mia

Originally Posted by apm17 View Post
.... We want the individual users to get the points.

Has anyone seen this,
Yes, this is a recent policy change, and I have moved your question into a prior thread. The change applies only to BUSINESS cards. If the company is large enough to qualify for a CORPORATE card account I think each cardholder can accumulate separate rewards, BUT I believe each cardholder would have to pay a Membership Rewards fee.

What options has American Express proposed?

Search this Thread