Platinum Germany goes metal, increases fee to EUR 660

Old Jul 19, 19, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Platinum Germany goes metal, increases fee to EUR 660

Now Amex Germany has 'upgraded' the Platinum Card to metal, coming by the end of the year. For this 'benefit' the annual fee is going up to EUR 660 from EUR 600.

The new benefits seem pretty slim to me, including a EUR 200 credit with Sixt Ride and an enhancement of Priority Pass whereby you and the supplementary cardholder can each bring a guest.

Wow...
Old Jul 19, 19, 3:47 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
Now Amex Germany has 'upgraded' the Platinum Card to metal, coming by the end of the year. For this 'benefit' the annual fee is going up to EUR 660 from EUR 600.

The new benefits seem pretty slim to me, including a EUR 200 credit with Sixt Ride and an enhancement of Priority Pass whereby you and the supplementary cardholder can each bring a guest.

Wow...
I don't know what Sixt Ride is or how practical its (and the credit's) use is, but on paper that sounds reasonable for a 60 EUR increase.... is it not?

Last edited by moe8555; Jul 19, 19 at 8:12 am
Old Jul 19, 19, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Sixt Ride is essentially a taxi/limousine service. I suspect many users of this service expense them, so the personal benefit isn't really there so much. Of course it's an assumption, but it's certainly not a full throughput benefit for all users. For me, it is good news.

Search this Thread