Link Corp Card to Platinum & Earn 5x Points?

Old Jul 10, 19, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Link Corp Card to Platinum & Earn 5x Points?

Hello All,

I will be starting work as a management consultant at a firm that requires the use of an AMEX green corporate card. I had heard rumors that if I get an AMEX platinum personal card and then link it with the green card, I will receive personal spending points (e.g. 5x points on travel) on purchases made with my corporate card. Is this true, or is there any setup that would make this work?

Thank You!
Old Jul 10, 19, 9:47 am

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You may be able to link your MR account to the Amex Corporate but you will earn MR at the rate the corporate card's program allows for. There is a $75 fee, I believe annually, for this & your employer can choose to restrict if people can earn MR for purchases made on the corporate card so be sure to inquire about this or if you already have the card you can call the number on the back and ask if it is authorized.
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:46 pm

Good chance you will not be able to do anything as corp cards may not earn points depending on card
Old Jul 10, 19, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Centurion,

I know that I can enroll in MR for $90 and earn points with the corp green card. I'm just wondering if I can make those points count as though they were earned on my platinum personal card. So if I bought a flight with the green card instead of being given the biz pt amount I would receive the platinum point amount.
Old Jul 10, 19, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The MR earn rate is based on the card the charges are put on. No 5x for you. Just 1mr per dollar.

Originally Posted by Yanni6 View Post
Centurion,

I know that I can enroll in MR for $90 and earn points with the corp green card. I'm just wondering if I can make those points count as though they were earned on my platinum personal card. So if I bought a flight with the green card instead of being given the biz pt amount I would receive the platinum point amount.

Search this Thread