Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which American Express lounge benefits have you used in 2019?

View Poll Results: Which airport lounges have you visited in 2019, using American Express credentials?
Centurion lounges located in USA.
76.67%
Centurion or American Express branded airport lounges in other countries.
25.83%
American Express branded lounges at retail, entertainment or sports venues.
8.33%
Priority Pass traditional lounges, including Minute Suites.
70.00%
Priority Pass restaurants.
45.83%
Delta SkyClub
47.50%
Airspace lounges located in USA.
8.33%
Escape lounges located in USA.
20.83%
Plaza Premium lounges.
30.83%
Eurostar or other rail lounges.
0.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 5, 19, 8:39 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold

Please respond to the Poll at the top of the thread, and Reply to the thread with comments. Note that once a poll is created in cannot be changed. Suggestions for future improvements should be sent by clicking the Alert icon in the lower left corner of this post.
Old Jul 7, 19, 3:15 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Escape lounge at Oakland Airport was very quiet and pleasant - I literally used it for just 10 minutes to check it out before a flight to LA. Bar looked well stocked and food items looked decent. Lounge was not packed. WiFi was decent, about 30mbps (though I have to note that I was just in Korea which had ridiculously fast gigabit WiFi in many places, so itís all relative.) No bathrooms but plenty of nice spots to sit, outlets, tables, couches. I just had some tea (which was quite good!) Overall worth it even for just those ten minutes!

Flew in to Burbank though which is really dingy. I hope they replace that tired airport soon.
Old Jul 7, 19, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that DL SCs can be accessed, when flying DL, with either a regular Plat/Centurion charge card or the DL Reserve AmEx credit card. Most of the other lounges on the list are exclusively Plat/Centurion card benefits unless using credentials is interpreted to include using an AmEx card to pay for entry.

Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 19, 7:27 pm

Used SkyClub 2 weeks ago for the first time in Sea...incredible.

LAS centuries lounge on way back.

Next week Plaza Premium/Priority Pass in YVR
Old Jul 8, 19, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by synzero View Post
Escape lounge at Oakland Airport was very quiet and pleasant - I literally used it for just 10 minutes to check it out before a flight to LA. Bar looked well stocked and food items looked decent. Lounge was not packed. WiFi was decent, about 30mbps (though I have to note that I was just in Korea which had ridiculously fast gigabit WiFi in many places, so itís all relative.) No bathrooms but plenty of nice spots to sit, outlets, tables, couches. I just had some tea (which was quite good!) Overall worth it even for just those ten minutes!

Flew in to Burbank though which is really dingy. I hope they replace that tired airport soon.
I was pretty impressed by it also - my first visit there was last month. I don't normally travel with the kids, but they really liked the food options there and it wasn't packed at all. There were plenty of tables open for us, so easy to stop in and have them eat before a flight. Only downside like you mentioned is that the restrooms were outside, but we just timed things so that we walked out to use them on the way to the gate. Finding a table or space for family is tough at many lounges. It would have been really tough in the Centurion lounge at SFO.
Old Jul 8, 19, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by theranj View Post
Used SkyClub 2 weeks ago for the first time in Sea...incredible.

LAS centuries lounge on way back.

Next week Plaza Premium/Priority Pass in YVR
SEA Skyclub is rather a showcase.
Old Aug 28, 19, 11:46 am

In no particular order.
Pontus in the Air (Amex Lounge) [ARN]: My best lounge experience in terms of food.
No1 Lounge [LGW]
Aspire Lounge [CPH]
Sala VIP Puerta del Sol [MAD]
Sala VIP Puerta De Alcala [MAD]
The Club [PIT]
Delta Sky Club [BOS]
Air France Lounge [BOS]
Plaza Premium Lounge [DEL]: By far the worst lounge I've been to, all of 15 people fit in there and it was super busy at 7am.

PS: I had links to each of them, but turns out I can't post urls until I have 5 posts and I'm super new here!

Last edited by flyertalkbl1; Aug 28, 19 at 4:38 pm

Search this Thread