Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Tried transferring points to Virgin Atlantic (VS) but points returned

Old Jul 2, 19, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta

Tried transferring points to virgin atlantic today but points returned. Anyone ever had this happen? Know what the reason could be?
Old Jul 2, 19, 6:47 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Was the transfer to primary cardholder's Flying Club account?
Old Jul 2, 19, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid View Post
Tried transferring points to virgin atlantic today but points returned. Anyone ever had this happen? Know what the reason could be?
That happened to me about 1.5 months ago. I had to call Amex and they were able to do the transfer over the phone. They didn't see anything wrong with the initial transaction and blamed Virgin's system. Points showed up instantly when the rep initiated the transfer.
Old Jul 2, 19, 4:07 pm

I had the same problem. AmEx said that Virgin Atlantic rejected the transfer. VA had an outage/update problem yesterday with their Flying Club website that maybe caused the problem. Of course, I didn't find out about it until today when I was checking my account and the transfer bonus is no longer going. AmEx wouldn't give me any relief. VA recognized that it was probably due to some updates to their website they were doing, but wouldn't give me any courtesy points due to their screw up. I have transferred points successfully before, so it wasn't the wrong Flying Club number and I'm the primary cardholder so it's not being transferred to an authorized user's Flying Club account. Virgin Atlantic told me to talk to American Express and American Express told me to talk to VA. Very frustrating.
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by happyvoid View Post
Maybe Virgin (or Amex) was in the process of bringing down whatever programming they need to do to remove the 30% transfer bonus they had in place for two months that ended on 7/1/19. That could explain a snafu.

Based on your post date it appears you missed the bonus by one day?
Old Jul 11, 19, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I just got a phone call from the membership rewards department, got all worried. and when i called back and ask why they call they said it was just to verify that the rejected points came back to my account

Search this Thread