Search

UK Platinum supplementary card questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
UK Platinum supplementary card questions

Hi Everyone

What I am writing below relates to the Amex Platinum in the United Kingdom.

Following the fee increase of platinum card, it seems pointless to keep it, given that my partner also has one. It makes better sense become a supplementary cardholder of them. I therefore have some questions before going ahead with this.
  • Can I simply switch from my current Amex account to a supplementary cardholder somehow?
If not:
  • What would happen to my points?
  • Are there any benefits I have now that I would lose as a supplementary holder?
  • Would my Amex card have a new '19' under 'Member Since'? (It's not a huge deal but looks good to have my history there!)
Also, is there a way of seeing who has spent what each month?

Thank you for your knowledge as always!
James

Last edited by JamesNCL; Jun 9, 2019 at 8:54 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: *A G, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, Skywards Silver
Hi!

Supplementary cardholder spending credits the MR account of the primary cardholder. If you close your account, you will lose access to your points. There may be a way to merge them, but I am not sure how that works, someone else may be able to advise you. The best way to approach this would be to downgrade your Premium to another (preferably free card) so you keep your MR account.

Re. the benefits, I believe the only one you would lose would be the credits for Addison Lee and One Fine Stay that are coming into effect on the 11th, as these are card account credits for the primary cardholder. In your statements, each card's charges are in separate 'tabs' and easy to understand!

Hope this helps.
I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.