Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Comprehensive list of country-specific Amex Plat benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive list of country-specific Amex Plat benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: *A G, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by janwillem
Did your Vibe access include the published free drink for Plat members? And at Tower Club: any perks besides access?

I have a European Centurion, so curious to see If they let me in. Vibes looks especially nice.

Further on topic: The Dutch Platinum includes Privium at Schiphol Airport with lounges and fast track.
any feedback on if the lounges and fast track you mention are available for non-Dutch cards?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by itsilyas

any feedback on if the lounges and fast track you mention are available for non-Dutch cards?
not sure, maybe expats living in Holland and carrying a non-Dutch card can chime in on that. It's a pretty valuable benefit in terms of comfort and speedy airport formalities
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....The Dutch Platinum includes Privium at Schiphol Airport with lounges and fast track.
This seems to be implemented as a Privium membership. At the airport do you present a Privium membership card, or do they recognize American Express Platinum for entry?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Fast track security at YYZ. Cards are not scanned so effectively good for all Platinum Cards.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This seems to be implemented as a Privium membership. At the airport do you present a Privium membership card, or do they recognize American Express Platinum for entry?
you present your Privium card which can be obtained by visiting the Privium lounge. They take pics of your iris and store those on your Privium card so you can use the iris scanner and there is a border police in the lounge to make some checks of your passport. I do not see any referral on the Amex website that it is only for Dutch cards but it may very well be. I know it is not restricted to Dutch citizens. Buying Privium Plus outright which includes lounges cost around EUR 215 I think. Lounges are not bad for a short visit considering the dire lounge situation at AMS.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:32 pm
Suspended

I too would love to see something like this which could be modeled after the $ 200 airline credit threads but instead of airlines it can be the country.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Did your Vibe access include the published free drink for Plat members? And at Tower Club: any perks besides access?

I have a European Centurion, so curious to see If they let me in. Vibes looks especially nice.

Further on topic: The Dutch Platinum includes Privium at Schiphol Airport with lounges and fast track.
Yes on the former, and no on the latter. Platinum Vibes is a nice spot but isn't worth going well out of your way for - more like good food at a cheaper price point than you'd find for equivalent elsewhere in sg.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by beep88
Fast track security at YYZ. Cards are not scanned so effectively good for all Platinum Cards.
What's that stuff? I often go to YYZ so fast track could be useful. For the US, I can use global entry, but for Canadian domestic flights, I sometimes do not get any priority line so it would be useful.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: KL Plat, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold – ex-UA 1k, ex-AA Plat, ex-QF Gold, ex IHG P
Originally Posted by mia
I got in touch with Schiphol/Privium about the membership, not mentioning the Platinum was not issued in NL, I received this:

You are able to sign up via the following link: www.americanexpress.nl/platinum
Go to 'Reisprivileges' and than to the second option 'Privium Lidmaatschap t.w.v. 215 EUR'. When you click on it, you can sign in and request acces to a Privium Plus account.
I have followed those steps but am shown a page that has two benefits (Hilton and Marriott). I am thinking this page shows benefits which are globally applied to the Platinum range, regardless fo the issuing country.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
We do not have such a list, although there have been previous attempts to identify such. The challenge is that local residents are the most likely to be familiar with the features of their own card -but- they generally do not know if foreign cards can use the benefit.

We do know that the Eurostar benefits do not work with cards issued outside the UK.
It actually only works for Plat cards issued in Europe. My card is not a UK one (french one) and the Eurostar lounge access is a published perk as it is for cards issued in other european countries.

But true, US based plat card holders don't have access
mia likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
If you are eating in Hong Kong, many restaurants frequently offer discounts to the entire bill when you pay with Amex or other providers like HSBC etc. Eg 20% off entire bill if you pay with amex. My cards are UK based and they don't seem to check, so I think the discount is given by the restaurant first and then they claim back from the banks later?

Anyhow, its easy. When paying the bill, just ask if they give discounts for amex or any other bank you hold a card with. No need to mention which country your card is from.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
The other day we overheard the hostess on the phone saying there is Platinum Card discount at Nadaman Japanese restaurant in HK. So we inquired when we asked for the bill. Waitress disappeared with the Canadian issued card for a while, came back with the bill with the discount.

I have had similar discounts in HK with other Canadian issued cards - Diners and HSBC.

>> so I think the discount is given by the restaurant first and then they claim back from the banks later?
Don't think there is any "claim back". It's out of the restaurant's own pocket, so to speak.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
not sure, maybe expats living in Holland and carrying a non-Dutch card can chime in on that. It's a pretty valuable benefit in terms of comfort and speedy airport formalities
I'm a sort of reverse expat, as a Dutchman living abroad I have 3 Amex Platinums (US / ICC / Dutch AFKL) and no, you don't get Privium for free with any other Platinum, much like Dutch Plats can't be used to pay for Global Entry / TSA Precheck in the US.
mia, tigertanaka and groenroos like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by icelandman2
I got Platinum Vibes and Tower club access in Singapore with my USA-issued Plat.
I did too last year for Tower Club, but was told this year that access was not available to US platinum cardholders. Just an FYI for others.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by alex67500
Hi,

I noted in the BAEC forum that apparently an Amex Platinum will give you Fast Track security access in a few Northern European airports (HEL, ARN, GOT and MMX were mentioned https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31172362-post559.html). I wasn't aware of that perk.

Do you think we could put something together in the stickies with a Wiki of perks around the globe? Business Lounge access for Eurostar travel between London, Paris and Brussels springs to mind for example, but I'm sure there are many which I'm not aware of but could be useful to the overall FT community and beyond.

Just an idea.
--
Alex
FYI, this is the case also in many Italian Airports including Rome Fiumicino, Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa, Naples, Palermo and Catania

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.