Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex/Hilton quietly devalue Aspire (advance purchase ineligible for resort credit.)

Amex/Hilton quietly devalue Aspire (advance purchase ineligible for resort credit.)

Old Jun 4, 19, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold

No more advance purchase rates for the $250 resort credit.

https://milestomemories.boardingarea...e-aspire-card/
Old Jun 5, 19, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Choice Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't find it unreasonable and from what I read on here, most of the time, the processing was different and Adv rates did not trigger the credit.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jun 6, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: AA LTPlat; UA Plat; MR LTT; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes View Post
I don't find it unreasonable and from what I read on here, most of the time, the processing was different and Adv rates did not trigger the credit.
It was a problem for U.S. properties, not for non-U.S. properties. Advance purchase rates can be much lower than other rates, so this is a devaluation if in fact it applies to non-U.S. properties too (as opposed to, as another poster suggested, merely "codifying" the existing situation with U.S. properties).
Old Jun 6, 19, 4:29 pm

DId amex send out an email about this?
I dont recall seeing anything like that.

tks
Old Jun 6, 19, 6:24 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO View Post
DId amex send out an email....
Apparently, the link in the first post begins: American Express sent out an email with an update ...

Search this Thread