Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:48 pm

Has anyone been denied ? The restaurants still show up on my app just fine which is a little weird
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy001
Has anyone been denied ? The restaurants still show up on my app just fine which is a little weird
Technically, I think you can still use it, the difference is you'll be charged the $29.00 or whatever to the linked card. That is how I understand it.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....restaurants still show up on my app just fine which is a little weird
American Express app or Priority Pass app?

Are you logged in?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
They disappeared from my PP app when I logged into my Amex PP account, but they still show up when I login to my Chase account.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:46 pm

Location: CP-ASEL,AMEL,G-IA in Tucson, Arizona, United States
Originally Posted by STS-134
They disappeared from my PP app when I logged into my Amex PP account, but they still show up when I login to my Chase account.
They disappeared for me as well when I logged into the PP website. Certain airports will still appear, but with no lounges available. I can still review and rate visits that occurred prior to August 1.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
The restaurant in MIA has a sign by the counter letting customers know about the change. People still came up to ask.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by miadukes
The restaurant in MIA has a sign by the counter letting customers know about the change. People still came up to ask.
I feel sorry for the frontline folks that have to implement this confusing policy day to day...

Regards
mia, alggag and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
And there are also laws against bait advertising/bait and switch. Which way a court would interpret this if it goes to small claims is anyone's guess, but I'm guessing Amex would probably just refund the pro-rated AF to avoid bad publicity.
At least in Canada AMEX has always advertised this benefit as a lounge benefit. I don't think they have ever said the PP program is intended to apply at restaurants. I am disappointed with the decision but I would not describe it as bait and switch.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Because people don't read, and we vastly overestimate how many people actually pay attention to announcements of changes.

An example from my real life job just this past week. We altered a customer facing database and told all of our users multiple times over the course of the 2 weeks prior, including an email announcement dedicated just to the change. When it changed, the emails rolled in. "Why'd this change?" Why didn't I receive any notice?" and on and on. All of the answers were in the emails and documentation you were sent, but obviously didn't read. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Happy and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Because people don't read, and we vastly overestimate how many people actually pay attention to announcements of changes.

An example from my real life job just this past week. We altered a customer facing database and told all of our users multiple times over the course of the 2 weeks prior, including an email announcement dedicated just to the change. When it changed, the emails rolled in. "Why'd this change?" Why didn't I receive any notice?" and on and on. All of the answers were in the emails and documentation you were sent, but obviously didn't read. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
or the emails were way too long to skim. Ain't no body got time for that. The subject line alone should summarize everything
EdV likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
These disappeared from UK Centurion cards too now. You'd think they'd at least splurge more on Centurion.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
hope the sign specifically mentions Amex-tied PP cards.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by seat38a
Technically, I think you can still use it, the difference is you'll be charged the $29.00 or whatever to the linked card. That is how I understand it.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

hope the sign specifically mentions Amex-tied PP cards.
Used my PP at an airport restaurant and lady asked if it were Amex or Chase. I responded "Citi" and she had no idea what that meant. But she said she would run it to see if it works.
So, I think there is some change on their side too, so they know it.
notquiteaff and cuthroat like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Restaurants still show on my AMEX PP account.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:53 pm

The Bracket Room - DCA

Great experience at the Bracket Room in DCA. Bartender is asking customers who they have their Priority Pass with and telling AMEX holders that their non lounge benifit is no longer valid.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...aurant-credit/[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.