Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)

AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)

Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I get the impression this is a more global change, however I am not certain.

Disappointing, I departed STL yesterday on United and there are no lounge options for PP at that end of the terminal. That is the only airport where I use this benefit.

My guess is the other credit card companies will follow AMEX on this and eventually PP will just drop the restaurants from their program.
UK centurion says they've not been informed of any changes yet.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BobbySteel

UK centurion says they've not been informed of any changes yet.
Is the membership which is provided by American Express (UK) branded "Priority Pass" or "Priority Pass Select"?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:33 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I got the $325 Alaska Lounge membership so now I don't have to worry about that pesky "No PP" sign anymore...not to mention having access to nearly all Admirals Clubs....seemed like a good deal.
Ugh, tell me about it. I ran into the same thing at the Alaska Lounge at LAX "not accepting PP at this time". This was right when they opened! Yet they were still taking people in, albeit Alaska Lounge members and Alaska CC holders. I even asked about buying my way in but no go without the CC!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by EdV
Ugh, tell me about it. I ran into the same thing at the Alaska Lounge at LAX "not accepting PP at this time". This was right when they opened! Yet they were still taking people in, albeit Alaska Lounge members and Alaska CC holders. I even asked about buying my way in but no go without the CC!
A first class ticket will get you in, I flew to NY a few weeks ago on a Sunday night, PP sign was out, but plenty of space inside.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:33 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by mhdena
A first class ticket will get you in, I flew to NY a few weeks ago on a Sunday night, PP sign was out, but plenty of space inside.
Yeah, that's the annoying part. I had a discussion with the lounge agent about it, who could get in, what options available but her math didn't seem to make sense. And this was right early when they opened - plenty of space! They just don't want PP moochers in there.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Is the membership which is provided by American Express (UK) branded "Priority Pass" or "Priority Pass Select"?
for platinum in the UK its just labeled as priority pass, and we've lost restaurants too...

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-pass-changes/
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Canada is now officially included in the exclusion

Got an email from Priority Pass overnight breaking the news that the restaurant benefits "... are no longer part of your Priority Pass complimentary membership plan."

Very disappointed that they waited until the benefit was expired to get in touch. I'll cancel my supplementary Plat card as a consequence, and apply the savings to some airport restaurant meals next year.
STS-134 and cuthroat like this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
Got an email from Priority Pass overnight breaking the news that the restaurant benefits "... are no longer part of your Priority Pass complimentary membership plan."

Very disappointed that they waited until the benefit was expired to get in touch. I'll cancel my supplementary Plat card as a consequence, and apply the savings to some airport restaurant meals next year.
Sounds like you have grounds to demand a pro rated portion of your AF back if they just literally cut you off like that, without any prior notification.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:44 pm

Apologies if this was already answered, but is there an easy way to tell an Amex-issued priority pass vs Citi? They are both the same length.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
....easy way to tell an Amex-issued priority pass ....
Login to your American Express Platinum card account. Navigate: More > Benefits > The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ > Enrolled in Priority Pass™ Select Membership Number: 142etc
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by STS-134
Sounds like you have grounds to demand a pro rated portion of your AF back if they just literally cut you off like that, without any prior notification.
I'm sure there is a "We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time" in agreements.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm sure there is a "We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time" in agreements.
And there are also laws against bait advertising/bait and switch. Which way a court would interpret this if it goes to small claims is anyone's guess, but I'm guessing Amex would probably just refund the pro-rated AF to avoid bad publicity.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Might have been the last one to use this benefit with the AMEX Plat (unless someone went to Capers late last night in PDX) as I was finally able to stop at P.F. Chang's right before close (card run at 11:10 PM or so). Sad I never was able to use this location before... was tasty after a week in Mexico
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Might have been the last one to use this benefit with the AMEX Plat (unless someone went to Capers late last night in PDX) as I was finally able to stop at P.F. Chang's right before close (card run at 11:10 PM or so). Sad I never was able to use this location before... was tasty after a week in Mexico
But Capers closes at 22:30. As far as I can tell, the last 3 PP restaurants to close all closed simultaneously at 23:00:
1) P.F. Chang's @ PHX
2) P.F. Chang's @ LAX
3) SF Giants Clubhouse @ SFO

This happened only because AZ doesn't observe DST and its local time is the same as Pacific Time right now. Had this happened with California on standard time, (2) and (3) would have closed an hour later than (1).
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Login to your American Express Platinum card account. Navigate: More > Benefits > The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ > Enrolled in Priority Pass™ Select Membership Number: 142etc
Thanks! It lists it there on the main screen with all your benefits. And lots of other useful info too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.