Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)

AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)

Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:08 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
....I'm going to guess the Minute Suites locations but I'm not really interested enough to do the legwork.
This seems to be correct. Look at: http://americanexpress.com/findalounge

....and enter MIA it lists only lounges, including Priority Pass lounges, but no restaurants. However, if I enter DFW the Minute Suites are listed, in addition to traditional lounges.
Diplomatico likes this.

Last edited by mia; Jun 27, 2019 at 8:21 am
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PHL also includes Minute Suites.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:24 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

MSP does not (yet?) list the PGA facility which has begun to display The Club branding, discussion HERE..
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mia
MSP does not (yet?) list the PGA facility which has begun to display The Club branding, discussion HERE..
Ha ha, the Airport Lounge Development people are poking a stick at Amex-- who are quite pleased to have their guests use Escape. If this were happening in a vacuum then it wouldnt end well for ALD/The Club, but Priority Pass' corporate headquarters should have enough leverage to work through this. If not, then anything is on the table including an even further stripped down PP benefit or even none at all. Of course Amex went with no PP all the way up to 2011; it added it and Airspace as a part of trying to fill the gap of the loss of Continental in the wake of the merger.

Last edited by DrivingRain; Jun 27, 2019 at 9:18 am
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
This seems to be correct. Look at: http://americanexpress.com/findalounge

....and enter MIA it lists only lounges, including Priority Pass lounges, but no restaurants.
Just out of curiosity I typed in EWR. It brought up the results I expected, but the default picture for the Art and Lounge appears to be a torn up/ratty sofa. At least it's setting appropriate expectations.
Boraxo and worldwidedreamer like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by eeflyer
I had a message on my June statement. "Effective 8/1/19, Priority Pass non-lounge airport experience credits will no longer be available to Platinum Card Members, except for select locations. Visit americanexpress.com/findalounge for a list of available lounges."
Just triple checked my May and June statements and there's no reference.

Someone said they have to provide 90 days notice for a change?
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I just ordered a Priority Pass card through my Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I've had one via my Amex Plat for years, but it looks like there will be at least some stretch of time where the CSR PP gets you the restaurant credit while the Amex Plat PP does not.
Boraxo and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by amanuensis
I don't see how a person can reasonably ask Amex to reimburse them for damages when the change hasn't even taken effect yet.
It's taken effect. I was turned away from the Bracket Room at DCA.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:11 am
mia

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I was turned away from the Bracket Room at DCA.
What was the stated reason?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wow ... this is supposed to be effective in August, no? No issues last week in Boston. Will likely not have any flights later this month that get me via Terminal B so I won't be able to test it again.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
What was the stated reason?
"Did you get PP though American Express?"
"Yes."
"We no longer participate in that program."

(FWIW, the PP sign was still up)
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:25 am
mia

"We no longer participate in that program."
This sounds like a rogue location that did not read a Priority Pass notice carefully, but let's see how other restaurants are making the transition.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
While we have seen this reported by bloggers, has anyone received notice from either AMEX or PP about the change? Its not noted on either my June statement nor monthly PP member update.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Segments
While we have seen this reported by bloggers, has anyone received notice from either AMEX or PP about the change? Its not noted on either my June statement nor monthly PP member update.
Not everyone seems to have gotten one, but some have:

Originally Posted by eeflyer
I had a message on my June statement. "Effective 8/1/19, Priority Pass non-lounge airport experience credits will no longer be available to Platinum Card Members, except for select locations. Visit americanexpress.com/findalounge for a list of available lounges."
I just got mine, closing date 7/2

Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I was just there last week June 27. Paid for two people. No problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.