Centurion Card (UK)

Old Nov 12, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by camille55
They called it Medallion it think, if annual spend exceeded 250k. I think I qualified one year, but shortly after they scrapped it.
Yes indeed, they claimed to have officially scrapped it however from what people are offered there is certainly some system in place but not as obvious so as to irritate the lower tiers
TBF I don't blame them however if they're gaining more members then they need to vastly expand their offering to give chance to all
Old Nov 16, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by mradey
I've been saying the same for years. I have one month to (fail to) decide for another year
The only way I got my husband to agree to let us keep it was the free sup card. If that got taken away, it would be gone.

We travel quite a lot but due to the forex fee its mainly UK purchases and even then there are places that don't take it, as well all well know
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, LH FTL, CX Diamond, BA Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Centurion "Christmas" Card

Received from Hannah Lewis today. No mention of Christmas, no Happy New Year.....and certainly no bonus MR's or a gift card in the envelope!

"A time for reflection....as we naturally pause and reflect on the year gone by..."

I'm not religious, but it is Christmas and I am hoping to travel using my MR's with my kids during their Christmas holidays. Do marketing dept's think this type of thing leads to brand attachment? At least acknowledge the festival!? Im pretty certain the Harvey Nicks Xmas hamper they sent a few years ago did that; it was marvellous!

Anyone get a decent Centurion 'festive' gift?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by camille55
Received from Hannah Lewis today. No mention of Christmas, no Happy New Year.....and certainly no bonus MR's or a gift card in the envelope!

"A time for reflection....as we naturally pause and reflect on the year gone by..."

I'm not religious, but it is Christmas and I am hoping to travel using my MR's with my kids during their Christmas holidays. Do marketing dept's think this type of thing leads to brand attachment? At least acknowledge the festival!? Im pretty certain the Harvey Nicks Xmas hamper they sent a few years ago did that; it was marvellous!

Anyone get a decent Centurion 'festive' gift?
Nothing at all, not even the letter that you received!
Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:22 am

Will be interesting to see what the UK thresholds are for 2024, given Sterlings appreciation versus the Dollar this past year.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:28 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. I am not aware of any evidence that American Express sets thresholds in other currencies by converting from US Dollars.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:47 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
We received a hamper this year once again.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:19 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is the hamper "branded" by a retailer?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by tom139
We received a hamper this year once again.
Wow nothing for me. I've never had anything. I must be a lower-tier of Centurion member.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
I've received hampers etc. for birthday, thanksgiving and random time in summer but never Christmas. I guess they've made (wrong) assumptions based on race.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:31 am

I joined in November and Im already thinking of cancelling, to get as much of the annual fee back as possible. The joining fee is a painful write-off.
I feel quite the fool for joining.
The concierge has never come through with dinner reservations, the flights/holidays theyve quoted have been much more than BA and I dont need the card as a status symbol.
ubiquitous1984 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by Hetty44
I joined in November and Im already thinking of cancelling, to get as much of the annual fee back as possible. The joining fee is a painful write-off.
I feel quite the fool for joining.
The concierge has never come through with dinner reservations, the flights/holidays theyve quoted have been much more than BA and I dont need the card as a status symbol.
Very odd. In the UK I used them for run of the mill stuff - L'Enclume table for 4.
I would say the value I get is foreign requests get passed on to overseas Centurion teams, which is helpful, in a place big on relationships. I.e Japan.

We keep the card for the airline statuses - whichif you had to get on your own would exceed the annual fee. I fly mostly BA, having others is helpful. Though because of the forex levy, we only charge Stirling on to this card, which is hard enough since no everyone takes Amex ( i.e Hyperpotic or Virgin / Sky does not - would love to pay bills on it). If only Amex would get rid of it for the centurion, if not platinum.

As for the holidays - you need to spoon feed the agents info, often they will just pick whatever comes up at the top of the screen, which is the most expensive option. The incompetence of the travel team is widely discussed here.
ubiquitous1984 and Hetty44 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
Very odd. In the UK I used them for run of the mill stuff - L'Enclume table for 4.
I would say the value I get is foreign requests get passed on to overseas Centurion teams, which is helpful, in a place big on relationships. I.e Japan.

We keep the card for the airline statuses - whichif you had to get on your own would exceed the annual fee. I fly mostly BA, having others is helpful. Though because of the forex levy, we only charge Stirling on to this card, which is hard enough since no everyone takes Amex ( i.e Hyperpotic or Virgin / Sky does not - would love to pay bills on it). If only Amex would get rid of it for the centurion, if not platinum.

As for the holidays - you need to spoon feed the agents info, often they will just pick whatever comes up at the top of the screen, which is the most expensive option. The incompetence of the travel team is widely discussed here.
Happy it works out for you! I fly BA and Im gold so the value-add is minimal.
My own fault! They were very good at bigging up the concierge service when I called them to discuss the offer of a card
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Hetty44
Happy it works out for you! I fly BA and Im gold so the value-add is minimal.
My own fault! They were very good at bigging up the concierge service when I called them to discuss the offer of a card
Do you live in London? Most cardholders who live elsewhere seem to struggle to utilise the Centurion events that come up. For London residents, there are some impressive Centurion-only opportunities every quarter especially if you enjoy dining/sports.
OpenSky and Hetty44 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by ubiquitous1984
Do you live in London? Most cardholders who live elsewhere seem to struggle to utilise the Centurion events that come up. For London residents, there are some impressive Centurion-only opportunities every quarter especially if you enjoy dining/sports.
Yes I do. But I only joined in November so Ive not had the chance yet. Maybe I should give it a quarter first. Thank you!
OpenSky likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.