Amex Purchasing Restaurant Reservation Site/App Resy

Old May 15, 19, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Amex Purchasing Restaurant Reservation Site/App Resy

From the AP

Hopefully will result in an expansion of seat availability exclusive for Amex cardholders throughout Resy's system.
Old May 15, 19, 9:58 am

Interesting move. I think it might be tough battle vs OpenTable but will be interested to see what cardmember benefits they may provide.
Old May 15, 19, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
It looks like Resy has some interesting data points (weather, etc.) to better improve yield for restaurants.

I would imagine Capital One would have tried to make an offer as they have a similar acquisition arm, but maybe it got too expensive for them.
https://blog.resy.com/2019/01/exclusive-tables/

Last edited by rasheed; May 15, 19 at 7:01 pm
Old May 15, 19, 6:56 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed View Post
....seems like that deal will get dissolved.
The Capital One feature seems to have an expiration date:

The last night for this exclusive tables reservation access is July 27, 2019.
Old May 16, 19, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed View Post
It looks like Resy has some interesting data points (weather, etc.) to better improve yield for restaurants.

I would imagine Capital One would have tried to make an offer as they have a similar acquisition arm, but maybe it got too expensive for them.
https://blog.resy.com/2019/01/exclusive-tables/
In DC (pretty close to Capital One's NoVa HQ), they also had a sponsored "tasting week" with amuse/appetizers at certain restaurants specifically for Capital One cardholders who used their card to confirm reservations through Resy.

A significant amount of the "hotter" restaurants in DC have moved from Open Table to Resy/Tock/Giftrocker.
Old May 16, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by pokeable View Post
Hopefully will result in an expansion of seat availability exclusive for Amex cardholders throughout Resy's system.
Or like their acquisition of LoungeBuddy, require use of an AMEX card.
Old Aug 18, 19, 10:35 am
Community Director

AMEX is offering a 500 point bonus for each of 3 restaurant bookings made thru the end of September. You have to download the app and then link your Membership Reward earning card to the app. You then need to pay with that card. I like points and we eat out so I hoped this was a natural. However, there are only 2 restaurants participating within 10 miles of me, neither one of which I would choose.
Old Aug 19, 19, 5:09 pm

Their selection pales in comparison to OpenTable. No restaurants within 10 miles whereas OT has 35 or so

Search this Thread