Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam1222
Resort list available at https://www.hilton.com/resorts
If it incorrectly omits resorts in the US or some region, try using a browser on a mobile device instead, or inputting specific dates and/or a geographic region.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Aspire $250 Resort Credit [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Hilton Aspire $250 Resort Credit [Consolidated]

Beware that the $250 resort credit is difficult to receive. Checked out of the Santa Barbara Hilton Resort on 12/28/18 and was told it would take up to three months to post. Checked online today and it still had not posted. Called the 833 customer service number and they posted it manually without offering any explanation. I guess they hope cardholders will just forget about the perk.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Beware that the $250 resort credit is difficult to receive. Checked out of the Santa Barbara Hilton Resort on 12/28/18 and was told it would take up to three months to post. Checked online today and it still had not posted. Called the 833 customer service number and they posted it manually without offering any explanation. I guess they hope cardholders will just forget about the perk.
This mirrors my experience 100%. Stayed 1/5 at the Hilton Sedona, had to wait 12 weeks and the credit was posted manually without too much fuss on the phone. Obviously, not a great process.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:45 pm

That's odd. I recently just stayed at the Hotel del Coronado on 4/13 - 4/16, and by 4/18 the $250 credit posted. Maybe they've automated it now? I don't know.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: AS,UA
Is this a new change? I stayed at the Hilton Big Island last year and the 250 resort credit posted like the next day
roundtree likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:37 pm

Not been my experience - stays in Feb and April this year - resort credit posted within 48 hours for both.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Been awhile, but when I stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village last September, the credit posted within a few days.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by ooskong
That's odd. I recently just stayed at the Hotel del Coronado on 4/13 - 4/16, and by 4/18 the $250 credit posted. Maybe they've automated it now? I don't know.
Were you able to have the valet parking tag to the room too? I'm using my Aspire free night certificate but want to spend up the $250 credit while we're there (only one night). Do you recommend any of the restaurants? Or maybe a massage for my pregnant wife (3rd trimester)
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I stayed at the H Fort lauderdale beach resort, it posted a couple days later.. no issues.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:18 pm

I didn't drive there or rent a car. Just Uber'd from the airport so can't speak to that. But everything else on property I charged to the room. I had about $500 something in charges after my stay. I got the $250 credit and for some reason my resort fees were also credited back to me for a 3 day stay. So that was a nice bonus. As for food, brunch at the Crown on Sunday was awesome. Mind you it's $100 a head for adults. Nice atmosphere and a good selection of food. Worth it though to me and my wife.

I was not impressed with breakfast at Sheerwater with the breakfast and the service. During my visit I found service to be terrible actually at the hotel except for the Crown and Beach boys. I also did not get an upgrade of any kind. was a little bumbed about that too. But the beach is amazing, and that's why we went. We stayed in the Towers to be closer to the beach. Maybe if we go again we'll stay in the main building just to see what it's like and maybe the service will be better.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:02 pm

Going to chime in as a data point. Booked 3 night stay at Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. They took at 340 dollar deposit 2 days ago. 250 dollar credit posted yesterday.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the same Hilton SB location 2 weeks ago and credit posted in 2 days.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:37 pm

Hilton Aspire $250 Resort Credit

I'm on my honeymoon, so this is kind of last minute. In a few days we're checking in to the Conrad Koh Samui, which as I understand qualifies for the Hilton $250 Resort Credit. I booked two different stays (back to back), one to take advantage of the 5th night free using points and the last night using my free reward night certificate. Also, my wife and I both have an Aspire card currently. Since I have two different stays under 2 different confirmation codes, and 2 Aspire cards, is it possible to use the reward twice on each card for a total of 4 credits? So use each card for $250 during the first 5 days, and then on the final day make sure we charge at least $250 to each card again?

I just googled more info about the card, and it appears that this may be an anniversary year reward, and limited to once per year. If that's the case, then having it booked under 2 different stays doesn't make any difference. Just looking for confirmation one way or another. I don't want to to go spending an additional $500 thinking it will be credited back if that's not the case.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mancolt
....this may be an anniversary year reward, and limited to once per year....
Correct

$250 Hilton Resort Credit
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

Old May 12, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I'm on my honeymoon, so this is kind of last minute. In a few days we're checking in to the Conrad Koh Samui, which as I understand qualifies for the Hilton $250 Resort Credit. I booked two different stays (back to back), one to take advantage of the 5th night free using points and the last night using my free reward night certificate. Also, my wife and I both have an Aspire card currently. Since I have two different stays under 2 different confirmation codes, and 2 Aspire cards, is it possible to use the reward twice on each card for a total of 4 credits? So use each card for $250 during the first 5 days, and then on the final day make sure we charge at least $250 to each card again?

I just googled more info about the card, and it appears that this may be an anniversary year reward, and limited to once per year. If that's the case, then having it booked under 2 different stays doesn't make any difference. Just looking for confirmation one way or another. I don't want to to go spending an additional $500 thinking it will be credited back if that's not the case.
You are on your honeymoon, so I presume that your wife's card is in her maiden name and in fact an entirely separate account? If so, I don't understand how you could not get 2 anniversary rewards, one for you and your card and one for her and her card. However, if you made both reservations, then this would change what I am about to say below.

What would be the difference if you went one week by yourself and paid with your card, and she showed up the fifth day on a separate reservation made by her and stayed a day? (paying with a separate CC for each stay)
What I would say is that each bill would get the $250 credit, so that for your 5 day stay, you get $250 and for her 1 day stay, she gets $250 (i.e. you better have a heck of a dinner that night )
However, I believe that to make that work, she would have to make the second reservation. I suspect that ship has already sailed since you are in bliss heaven now

Per the rewards statement
" However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by radonc1
... I don't understand how you could not get 2 anniversary rewards, one for you and your card and one for her and her card.
I think Mancolt was clarifying that the benefit is $250/year rather than $250 for each resort stay:

.... Since I have two different stays under 2 different confirmation codes, and 2 Aspire cards, is it possible to use the reward twice on each card for a total of 4 credits? ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.