Search

Amex Offers (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Smile Amex Offers (Canada)

At last, Amex has finally launched personalized offers in Canada! Tip of the hat to Prince of Travel. A friend who subscribes to his blog alerted me to the news as I haven't seen anything from Amex yet.
You might've received an email from Amex this week saying something like "Get ready for the BIG reveal." Looks like the Amex Offers online portal, which our friends in the US have had for years, has finally made its way to Canada.Simply head to this link and log in to your Amex account to see if any of your cards have been targeted with offers. It seems that only a handful of cards are receiving offers at the moment.
I checked my 2 Amex cards. Eight offers on the Bonbon card and one offer on the Cda Post Gold card. Nothing too interesting yet, but one of my friends got a spend $1000, get $300 back with AC. It's a start!
mia likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:39 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
It took me far too long for me to figure out which one is the Bonbon card. I even thought about the old Holt's card that was bright pink before Bonvoy... Good branding job for them.

I checked around and got the same 7 on Business Plat and Personal Plat, 1 on the SPG, 1 on the Bus Gold, nothing on the Cobalt. The COC one is interesting, so is Dell for me.

It's a fair enough start. I'd like to see the phone apps updated to show the offers like the US app does.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Amex app has been updated. The offers can now be found by clicking the link on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Still not much listed. Ten offers on the Bonbon card (sorry about that, but I can't use the ridiculous name that Marriott came up with, ridicule breeds ridicule) and 2 offers on the Cda Post Gold card.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:49 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Well this good news. Let's hope we get some generous offers instead of the usual Canadian credit card generosity (laughing)...
Old May 18, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Spend $50 or more and Earn a $5 credit. Up to $20 in credits. Mobile Wallet Offer

On my Bonbon card.

Details

Spend a total of $50 or more in qualifying purchases with your registered Card using Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay by 31/07/2019 and earn a $5 statement credit. Limit of $20 in total credits. Registration cap and terms apply.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fairmont/Sofitel

Found on my Amex Gold Business card:

Details

Spend a total of $350 or more in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating Fairmont and Sofitel locations or at www.AccorHotels.com by 17/12/2019 and earn a one-time $70 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

To be eligible for a $70 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchases that total $350 (CAD) or more after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card and subsequently posted to your account by 19/12/2019.
Reservations for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts must be made online at www.Fairmont.com, via the AccorHotels app or by calling 1-800-257-7544. Reservations for Sofitel Hotels & Resorts must be made online at www.Sofitel.com, via the AccorHotels app or by calling 1-855-799-6633. Reservations for both Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts can also be made at www.Accorhotels.com. Offer is only valid at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's interesting that the U.S. offer requires $400 (USD) spend, while the Canadian offer only requires $350 (CAD).
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Found on my Amex Gold Business card:[h2]
I didn’t get it on either my US or my Canadian cards. Darn, because I could definitely use it.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Amex offers (on Marriott card) just saved me $100 off my new dell computer

The statement credit posted at the same time as the original charge.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PayPal

On Marriott Bonbon card:

Get 15% of total purchase as a credit. Up to $10 in credits.

Details

Get a statement credit equal to 15% of total qualifying purchases when you pay with your registered Card online using PayPal at participating Canadian businesses by 31/10/2019. Limit $10 in total credits. Registration cap and terms apply.
Only the first 10,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer.
On Cda Post Business Gold card:

Spend and Earn 100 bonus Membership Rewards® points.

Details

Make a qualifying purchase with your registered Card online using PayPal at participating Canadian businesses by 31/10/2019 and earn 100 bonus Membership Rewards points. Limit of 500 points. Registration cap and terms apply.
Only the first 5,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Since I use my Cobalt card almost exclusively for food, I just got an Amex offer for a weight watchers discount!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Marriott

There is an offer on Cdn Amex cards to spend C$300 and get $60 back at Marriott hotels, valid until Jan 14. I did not get the offer but a few of my friends have. Check your offers!
Pegasus771 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I received the initial flurry of offers in the early summer of which none were overly useful and have received next to none since. Currently I have the Plat, Bonvoy and Cobalt cards.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Esso Speedpass

Spend $25 or more on fuel, 2 times, and earn a $10 credit.

Details

Make 2 qualifying fuel purchases of at least $25, using your Speedpass+ app linked to your registered Card by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

Offer Terms

Only the first 10,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the merchant website.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

McDonalds

Received an email and found this on my Bonbon card:

Add a side of rewards to your next McDonald’s order. For a limited time, you’ll get a $5 statement credit for spending at least $10 at a participating McDonald’s restaurant in Canada or on the My McD’s®* app using your registered American Express Card as your payment method. Offer ends December 15, 2019. Only the first 40,000 Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer.
A friend got it on his Plat card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.