Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Hilton Aspire Resort Credit - Warning (slow posting at some locations)

Old Apr 22, 19, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Beware that the $250 resort credit is difficult to receive. Checked out of the Santa Barbara Hilton Resort on 12/28/18 and was told it would take up to three months to post. Checked online today and it still had not posted. Called the 833 customer service number and they posted it manually without offering any explanation. I guess they hope cardholders will just forget about the perk.
Old Apr 24, 19, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman View Post
Beware that the $250 resort credit is difficult to receive. Checked out of the Santa Barbara Hilton Resort on 12/28/18 and was told it would take up to three months to post. Checked online today and it still had not posted. Called the 833 customer service number and they posted it manually without offering any explanation. I guess they hope cardholders will just forget about the perk.
This mirrors my experience 100%. Stayed 1/5 at the Hilton Sedona, had to wait 12 weeks and the credit was posted manually without too much fuss on the phone. Obviously, not a great process.
Old Apr 24, 19, 12:45 pm

That's odd. I recently just stayed at the Hotel del Coronado on 4/13 - 4/16, and by 4/18 the $250 credit posted. Maybe they've automated it now? I don't know.
Old Apr 25, 19, 9:34 am

Programs: AS,UA
Is this a new change? I stayed at the Hilton Big Island last year and the 250 resort credit posted like the next day
roundtree likes this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 3:37 pm

Not been my experience - stays in Feb and April this year - resort credit posted within 48 hours for both.
Old Apr 26, 19, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Been awhile, but when I stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village last September, the credit posted within a few days.
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by ooskong View Post
That's odd. I recently just stayed at the Hotel del Coronado on 4/13 - 4/16, and by 4/18 the $250 credit posted. Maybe they've automated it now? I don't know.
Were you able to have the valet parking tag to the room too? I'm using my Aspire free night certificate but want to spend up the $250 credit while we're there (only one night). Do you recommend any of the restaurants? Or maybe a massage for my pregnant wife (3rd trimester)
Old Apr 28, 19, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I stayed at the H Fort lauderdale beach resort, it posted a couple days later.. no issues.
Old Apr 30, 19, 2:18 pm

I didn't drive there or rent a car. Just Uber'd from the airport so can't speak to that. But everything else on property I charged to the room. I had about $500 something in charges after my stay. I got the $250 credit and for some reason my resort fees were also credited back to me for a 3 day stay. So that was a nice bonus. As for food, brunch at the Crown on Sunday was awesome. Mind you it's $100 a head for adults. Nice atmosphere and a good selection of food. Worth it though to me and my wife.

I was not impressed with breakfast at Sheerwater with the breakfast and the service. During my visit I found service to be terrible actually at the hotel except for the Crown and Beach boys. I also did not get an upgrade of any kind. was a little bumbed about that too. But the beach is amazing, and that's why we went. We stayed in the Towers to be closer to the beach. Maybe if we go again we'll stay in the main building just to see what it's like and maybe the service will be better.
Old Apr 30, 19, 10:02 pm

Going to chime in as a data point. Booked 3 night stay at Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. They took at 340 dollar deposit 2 days ago. 250 dollar credit posted yesterday.
Old May 2, 19, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the same Hilton SB location 2 weeks ago and credit posted in 2 days.
Old May 20, 19, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by xOTian View Post
Going to chime in as a data point. Booked 3 night stay at Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. They took at 340 dollar deposit 2 days ago. 250 dollar credit posted yesterday.
Helpful DP, thanks.

Search this Thread