Wiki Posts
Search

Old AMEX Blue Card Credit Limit Increase Problem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
Old AMEX Blue Card Credit Limit Increase Problem

On March 26th, I requested via the chat option online, that amex reduce my credit limit by $6,000. The representative quickly decreased my limit "to" $6,000. This resulted in a decrease of about $30K in credit limit. I spoke with Amex over the phone and they stated that I should request a limit increase or file a complaint. They could not guarantee at that time that there would be no hard pull for the increase request so I filed a complaint. It has been a month and Amex still cannot provide any updates.

I called again today and the rep stated to request an increase again. I went ahead and agreed to increase the limit by $24k from $6k to $30k. I then got the message from the rep that I would be notified in 7-10 days. This seems ridiculous when it was Amex's mistake on my own personal request to lower the limit. My question is...does anyone know if this request results in a hard pull? Also, any advice on how to handle going forward?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

*Please move this thread if it is not in the appropriate forum*
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do you have any other credit cards issued by American Express?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

I have a total of (4)....the blue that is referenced, an everyday, and a business simply cash, and business Hilton.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
In the future, you can use the self service facility to move credit between cards:

Amex Credit Line Reallocation - Again available [2011]

I "think" this will let you move credit from personal to business cards, but not in the reverse direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.