Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Question or Delta Question Companion Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP HHonors Gold DL MS
AMEX Question or Delta Question Companion Ticket

With the AMEX Platinum Delta card you get a companion ticket for main cabin.... does that include C+?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ORDPSC
With the AMEX Platinum Delta card you get a companion ticket for main cabin.... does that include C+?
No, but you are now allowed to upgrade to C+ or First, although the cost may not work out well. I *think* the cost basis of the 2nd ticket is "zero", so let's say your BOGO in coach is $500. And let's say it's $750 for each ticket for First Class upgrade. I think the upgrade costs would then be: $250 + $750 = $1,000

Same for Comfort +

The Delta Reserve BOGO is C+ and First as well as coach/economy.
ORDPSC likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:01 am

I just used my platinum companion certificate for the first time this evening. After booking, I was offered the ability to buy up to C+ or First. I did not expect this to be available to me or my companion since neither of us holds status this year, and other threads here over the past few months have shown that FTers generally haven't been able to purchase upgrades on companion cert bookings. I don't know if the buy up offers I'm seeing are a new thing Delta is trying or if it has worked this way for some time.

Anyway, the buy up offer I'm seeing on the companion fare matches other buy up offers I've seen on regular fare bookings: $30 per person each way for C+, $150 per person each way for First.
ORDPSC likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:07 am

And as I sat there typing this the buy-up cost for First dropped to $95 per person each way. Because of course it did. 🤷
luv2vacay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.