Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Acquires LoungeBuddy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:26 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bgriff
I find their app useful
Last I checked, there is NO android version. You would think that in this day in age, lounge buddy would consider android a major mobile OS
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:07 pm
formerly DustyFoot

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold
They do not currently have it in the Play Store. But there is an Android version. It runs pretty well on my Pixel 3.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Not sure if this is a useful data point, but for the first time ever my Amex Plat was swiped when visiting the OAK Escape lounge this evening using a LoungeBuddy terminal. Could see this being part of a bigger technology platform shift.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone else notice that LoungeBuddy destroyed their app. You can no longer search for lounges without putting in details about each trip. Sometimes you just want to search what lounges are available without exact trip details. Am I missing something? or did they ruin the app's most useful feature?
Any other lounge app replacements? LoungeBuddy also used to work in airplane mode, which was another nice benefit when flying.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone else notice that LoungeBuddy destroyed their app. You can no longer search for lounges without putting in details about each trip. Sometimes you just want to search what lounges are available without exact trip details. Am I missing something? or did they ruin the app's most useful feature?
Any other lounge app replacements? LoungeBuddy also used to work in airplane mode, which was another nice benefit when flying.
Yes, I noticed the same thing. You can still enter some dummy flights and there's an option to get the full lounge listing at each airport if you scroll to the bottom of the page.

But yeah, sometimes I also just want to see what the existing lounges are, and now I have to spend more time in order to get that info.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
LoungeBuddy is really useless now. I used to like looking up an airport before a planned trip to see which lounges were available. Sometimes when in an airport, I would open the app to see which location or terminal would have convenient lounges. Forced entry of trip details just killed my desire to keep the app. I deleted the app on my iPhone yesterday. I will check in a few months to see if anything changes, but for now, I have no use for it.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.