Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum MR on travel after cancelling?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Platinum MR on travel after cancelling?

Hi all,
I have 3 Amex accounts - considering cancelling my Plat card.
If i cancel this month and today purchase a flight will the 5x points bonus still get credited to my MR in a few months or does the card still have to be active?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT
If you cancel an AMEX while the points are "pending", you will not receive them. Retention reps will often remind you of this if you call to cancel.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
If you cancel an AMEX while the points are "pending", you will not receive them. Retention reps will often remind you of this if you call to cancel.
Interesting. This wasn't the case for me. I cancelled my platinum in January 2019 with 2k of airline charges on that final statement and received the points in February when the plat statement was suppose to close.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Interesting. This wasn't the case for me. I cancelled my platinum in January 2019 with 2k of airline charges on that final statement and received the points in February when the plat statement was suppose to close.
Perhaps things have changed. I cancelled mine in April 2018 and did not receive the bonus points despite having other MR cards open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.