Centurion access with Amex Delta Platinum

Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Centurion access with Amex Delta Platinum

Hi there,

I've tried to find this answer but couldn't so I'm posting. I currently have an Amex Platinum card that gets me access to the Centurion lounges. I am now starting to fly Delta and am contemplating switching to the Amex Delta Platinum since it has the same annual fee and more benefits on Delta. My question is whether this Delta-branded card enables me to access Centurion Lounges?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:54 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
No, it does not. Platinum Delta Skymiles Card does not include any lounge access. Delta Reserve includes access to Delta Skyclub when flying Delta.

Last edited by mia; Mar 5, 2019 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mia
No, it does not. Platinum Delta Skymiles Card does not include any lounge access. Delta Reserve includes access to Delta Skyclub when flying Delta.
A very DYKWIA moment I observed last year was someone rather irate telling the front desk agent at the SFO Centurion club that he should most definitely (sic) be allowed into the club with his Delta Platinum card.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
A very DYKWIA moment I observed last year was someone rather irate telling the front desk agent at the SFO Centurion club that he should most definitely (sic) be allowed into the club with his Delta Platinum card.
I would never have been able to keep a straight face - that's hilarious
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by icelandman2
I would never have been able to keep a straight face - that's hilarious
The agent who checked me in seemed semi-amused, I chose not to make any comments because I didn't want to pour gasoline on that fire but I felt like saying "here's my real Platinum card" as I handed her my card.
icelandman2 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
The agent who checked me in seemed semi-amused, I chose not to make any comments because I didn't want to pour gasoline on that fire but I felt like saying "here's my real Platinum card" as I handed her my card.
I probably wouldn't have been able to resist. Especially funny that he'd do that at SFO since the terminals aren't airside connected. He'd have to know on some level that he does NOT have SC access, since otherwise he'd presumably just use the DL SC in T1. That leaves us with some dude who is knowledgeable enough to know that his DL card isn't the same, yet still clueless enough to be convinced that it is the same for Cent access, lol.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GromitInWA
Hi there,

I've tried to find this answer but couldn't so I'm posting. I currently have an Amex Platinum card that gets me access to the Centurion lounges. I am now starting to fly Delta and am contemplating switching to the Amex Delta Platinum since it has the same annual fee and more benefits on Delta. My question is whether this Delta-branded card enables me to access Centurion Lounges?

Thanks!
DL Reserve credit card fee is almost as high as the regular AmEx Plat charge card and both give SC access when flying DL. Other benefits are different and I would argue that the regular Plat card is better. Customer service (from the USA) is definitely better. Before doing anything, note that one is a charge card and one is a credit card, with a stated credit limit, etc.
Shadowfactor likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL Reserve credit card fee is almost as high as the regular AmEx Plat charge card and both give SC access when flying DL. Other benefits are different and I would argue that the regular Plat card is better.
I generally agree with your statement, but keep in mind that many folks need/want the Delta MQMs that come with the Reserve card but do not come with the normal platinum card. For some that might be important in terms of gaining/maintaining status.

Regards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.