Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex UK missing transaction (disappeared from pending) - Still ticketed?

Old Mar 5, 19, 8:52 am
Original Poster

I wanted to ask the question here, before bringing it to AMEX is attention to see what the general consensus was at to see if anyone had experienced similar?

A few days ago, I tried to make a booking via AMEX travel to avail myself of the offer of 200 off a 600 spend. The first transaction didn't go through because apparently, they couldn't contact the supplier. I tried 10 mins later and everything went through okay. I received an invoice for the flight and hotel booking.

I later checked my pending transactions to see what had been charged and as expected, the charge came up twice. I contacted AMEX via live chat and they said I needed to wait until it processed before disputing the transaction. I've been checking daily and today I checked..... Nothing pending and nothing charged. There is literally no activity on my account and it's been over 24 hours now. In my experience, as soon as it leaves pending, it moves to processed but not sure if there is a delay?

I still have the invoice for the hotel. I logged into my BA and the flight is still ticketed. Would you keep quiet and assume it's a mistake on their end and roll with it? Or bring it up? Has anyone had something similar before?
Old Mar 5, 19, 9:32 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
It's likely that the transaction will post again in a few days.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Mar 6, 19, 4:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Have had this happen a few times on US-issued Plat. Will usually appear within 3-5 days when this occurs.
Old Mar 6, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Another data point - UK Plat also going for the 200 offer. Straightforward BA flight booking that appeared in pending, then disappeared for a couple of days but eventually came up as a transaction, and the offer redeemed. So... probably ok but worth keeping a close eye on it!
Old Mar 6, 19, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

So I've just checked and it has gone through as only one transaction which is good. I thought I was either going to get charged twice OR have the transaction cancelled completely but fortunately, it was neither. No word on the 200 credit though but it does say that can take up to 4 days so we'll see!
Old Mar 12, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rano91 View Post
So I've just checked and it has gone through as only one transaction which is good. I thought I was either going to get charged twice OR have the transaction cancelled completely but fortunately, it was neither. No word on the 200 credit though but it does say that can take up to 4 days so we'll see!
I had an AMEX travel transaction go from pending, to disappeared to processed. The 200 credit had to be chased but the process was relatively hassle free...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: