Amex lifetime is really 7 years

Old Feb 9, 20, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by onthego15 View Post
... I was not told that my lack of eligibility was because I had the card before, but the other possible reasons listed did not fit my situation.
IOW it's a data point for some other thread.
Old Feb 10, 20, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few days ago I tried to apply for a Delta Business AMEX. It had been over 8 years since I had cancelled my previous Delta Business AMEX. During the application process, I was told that i was not eligible. I was not told that my lack of eligibility was because I had the card before, but the other possible reasons listed did not fit my situation. YMMV
Not eligible for the card itself, or just not eligible for the signup bonus?

If you got the infamous "pop" telling you that you were not eligible for the signup bonus, that's covered in this thread:

Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)

which explains that it can be caused by as little as not doing any spend recently on at least one of your Amex cards.
Old Mar 27, 20, 6:11 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
A few days ago I tried to apply for a Delta Business AMEX. It had been over 8 years since I had cancelled my previous Delta Business AMEX. During the application process, I was told that i was not eligible. I was not told that my lack of eligibility was because I had the card before, but the other possible reasons listed did not fit my situation. YMMV
I applied again last night and was approved. The only change in my relationship with AMEX since my February application was that AMEX recently lowered the credit limit on one of my cards.
Old Mar 27, 20, 7:00 pm

I applied again last night and was approved. The only change in my relationship with AMEX since my February application was that AMEX recently lowered the credit limit on one of my cards.
ime on several occasions amex approved applications/upgrades with CSRs confirming eligibility and promptly refused to issue bonus later...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: