Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks. So I have now done that and been emailed a quote for the revised price and clicked on the link and ordered. All done! It was a little time consuming but ultimately easy.
Was the savings worth the effort and time?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JackMackey
Was the savings worth the effort and time?
yes. For $100 it was worth the bother since I didnít really need the item anyway. And I was sitting on the beach in Mexico with nothing else to do.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rajuabju
A new year... another slog to find something useful to buy
Last year I was finally able to get true value out of the credit by purchasing a new Canon color laser printer from Dell when my older Brother printer had problems in July. Thought that would simplify this year by stocking up on toner cartridges for the new printer. But do they sell those? Of course not, they only have toner cartridges for other models. Darn it.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Iíve now purchased several Bose items with my benefit. Love every one of them.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Iíve now purchased several Bose items with my benefit. Love every one of them.
That is what I usually did - now I have a couple of Bose 45 and QC 2 laying around unopened (as I can only so many headphones)
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
That is what I usually did - now I have a couple of Bose 45 and QC 2 laying around unopened (as I can only so many headphones)
Ha! Yeah I've got 3 major QC wearers here. Both the over ear and earbuds. So 2x earbuds and 3x over ear. Just ordered another set of the earbuds for a birthday gift. They QC II are usually on sale for $199 but they shot up earlier this week, thus the price check with BB and Amazon.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:40 pm

For the Canadians out there, I can confirm that purchases from dell.ca (in CAD) qualify for the Biz Plat US$200 credit.

Dec 27: Transaction posted as "DELL CANADA INC. NORTH YORK"
Jan 05: Credit posted as "DELL CREDIT"
Old Jan 9, 2024, 3:42 pm

Angry

I placed an order on Dec 27 for some Adobe software (electronic delivery).
Just checked whether I got the credits and noticed that the charge never posted.

Went online and saw that the order was cancelled by Dell. No notification of course.
Called Dell and was told it was canceled for "Configuration Issues". They could not explain anything about what "issues" there were. 🤬

I'm done with this card, the increased annual fees, and these stupid credits that are so problematic and use my time to sort out.
Instructed the Dell agent to shut down my Dell account and now I'm on the line now with Amex to cancel this card. I've had the card 31 years according to the agent I'm speaking with now...
Will be sending a letter to the executive offices of Amex and Dell to tell them why I closed the card.

Last edited by lewinr; Jan 11, 2024 at 3:41 pm
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by lewinr
Just checked whether I got the credits and noticed that the charge never posted.

Went online and saw that the order was cancelled by Dell. No notification of course.
Called Dell and was told it was cancelled for "Configuration Issues". They could not explain anything about what "issues" there were. 🤬

I'm done with this card, the increased annual fees, and these stupid credits that are so problematic and use my time to sort out.
Instructed the Dell agent to shut down my Dell account and now I'm on the line now with Amex to cancel this card. I've had the card 31 years according to the agent I'm speaking with now...
Willl be sending a letter to the executive offices of Amex and Dell to tell them why I closed the card.
Had this happen with digital Turbotax...was a fun process
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lewinr

Called Dell and was told it was cancelled for "Configuration Issues". They could not explain anything about what "issues" there were. 🤬

Willl be sending a letter to the executive offices of Amex and Dell to tell them why I closed the card.
Sounds like the card really isn't for you so it's the right decision to close it and move on.
zakool21 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was able to use the H1 2023 credit for something legit for the first time in a while. My personal Acer laptop decided that it was going to come apart at the hinges a couple months ago, so I decided to wait until Jan 1 and got a new Inspiron 15 for $299. Pretty happy with it for $99 plus tax after the credit.
pbjag likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by JackMackey
Sounds like the card really isn't for you so it's the right decision to close it and move on.
Indeed, it seems the card is intended for people who shouldnt be surprised or disappointed to not get the benefits promised to them, and that's not me. Especially after having the card 31 years.

Last edited by lewinr; Jan 11, 2024 at 8:27 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: All
Purchases reimbursed

On 1/1/24 we bought a laptop for my wife. Split the charge over two Biz Plat cards. Showed up on the tracker 1/9/24. Fully reimbursed 1/11/24. Total credits $400 across two cards.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by zakool21
On 1/1/24 we bought a laptop for my wife. Split the charge over two Biz Plat cards. Showed up on the tracker 1/9/24. Fully reimbursed 1/11/24. Total credits $400 across two cards.
What did the purchase post as for the description?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 12:43 pm

Programs: All
Originally Posted by Ankster
What did the purchase post as for the description?
Dell US Computer Sales, or DELL INC ROUND ROCK TX. The "additional information" had a string of numbers, which might have been more specific to Dell as a vendor than to the transaction, I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.