Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:40 pm

Whats everyone doing with their $100 credit? Any GC data points?
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by schindyguy
Whats everyone doing with their $100 credit? Any GC data points?
Waiting until the inevitable Labor Day sale and hoping I can make as much of a killing as I did on Memorial Day. Here's what I was able to do back then:

Bought Vizio 70" for $800+$50 tax, free shipping (regular price $1000)
Minus $100 Business Plat credit
Minus $85 from 10% Amex Offers credit
Received $120 from 14% cash back at TopCashBack
Received $24 in Dell Rewards
Received $200 Dell gift card
Received 2x MR points due to Amex Offer
Resold the tv for $600 cash

Now I will be leveraging the $200 gift card + $24 in rewards for my next redemption.
sgb1 and QtownDave like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:23 pm
Suspended

I do need a new desktop computer and use Dell. Anyone know when it the best time of year to buy?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I went with Bose wireless earbuds. $218.45 - $100 = $118.45. Nice deal.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription purchased through Dell. The cost is just under $100. So that takes care of one of my semi-annual uses. I might use the other for an extended warranty on my Dell desktop. Not that I need the hardware warranty so much, but I sometimes need the tech support.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by redtop43
I have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription purchased through Dell. The cost is just under $100. So that takes care of one of my semi-annual uses. I might use the other for an extended warranty on my Dell desktop. Not that I need the hardware warranty so much, but I sometimes need the tech support.
That actually is a great idea. I use Dell mainly for their great support, have replacement parts to you the next day and will also send out techs if needed. It’s something I have used more than once.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:14 pm

I tried to initiate an Office 365 subscription using a Microsoft gift card purchased through Dell.com. At the payment page, the Microsoft Account Balance is grayed out and not applicable to the subscription. Perhaps you'll be able to use this method to renew your subscription, but I feel like you might be disappointed.

If I'm doing something wrong, let me know. Would love to apply Amex Dell credit to Office 365 subscription.

EDIT: I see you're paying directly through Dell.com and not via Microsoft g/c. That should work I imagine.

Last edited by holyPockets; Aug 12, 2019 at 12:16 pm Reason: re-read OP's post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AA(xPLT now GLD), UA, DL, HH(GLD), MR(GLD), HY(DIS), and others...
I needed a Wi-Fi extender and bought a Netgear unit thru Dell. Got the credit quickly, 12% back thru Rakuten, and I think 10% through the ‘offer.’

it was much more expensive than on Amazon, but I still made money thru the various offers. Not bad.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Just a data point, an entry level drone with decent reviews is available for $99, free shipping: https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...ng-accessories

Just bought one, because why not
MaxVO likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:46 am

So I have a possibly weird question. I now have two business platinum cards because of an upgrade offer I took - but is there anyway to enable the dell offer (as well as the airline offer) on the second one without calling in? If I need to I will, but even if I make the new Biz Plat my default card it still switches back to the other Biz Plat card when I try to enable my offers.

I've bought 144hz monitors with my two credits so far which worked out to be pretty cheap after the $100 discounts. Not sure what I'll use my third credit for.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:51 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by sirky
.... switches back to the other Biz Plat card when I try to enable my offers.....
Do you have both cards linked to the same online Username?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Do you have both cards linked to the same online Username?
Yes
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:23 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
I would move one to another Username, and see if it fixes the problem. It's easy to do yourself, no need to call.
sirky likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I would move one to another Username, and see if it fixes the problem. It's easy to do yourself, no need to call.
That worked, thanks!!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:45 pm

Quick question I was hoping the community could help out with here. I've been reading around on this dell benefit and the wework benefit for the business platinum cards. Do we know if this applies to the centurion business cards as well? seems like most times the benefits for platinum go up to centurion where they sometimes have their own version (gogo unlimited vs 10, hertz platinum vs gold etc.) but I haven't seen any notifications or anything on my Cent account for this for either of the two newer benefits.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.