Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Small business CC change from SimplyCash?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Small business CC change from SimplyCash?

I currently have the AMEX simple cash card, but I am not crazy about the card since I can get better "rewards" from other cards. I was considering the Marriott Bonvoy business card or the Hilton business card since I like to use the rewards for events and experiences. I did have the SPG Business card in 2016 though. What do you guys think of this change? Or, do you recommend something else to consider?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by comptalk
....considering the Marriott Bonvoy business card ....
If you mean the card issued by Chase, you need to apply by Monday, then discontinued.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
If you mean the card issued by Chase, you need to apply by Monday, then discontinued.
No, AMEX card. I currently have the AMEX simply cash card. I am looking for suggestions into converting into another AMEX CC since I no longer find the credit card useful.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:46 am
mia

The American Express Marriott business card is the SPG Business card that you held in 2016. You may be able to apply again, but likely not eligible for bonus.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Should I consider any other cards? How does the Marriott card compare to the Hilton card?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:06 pm

Depending on your spending, you might consider the Blue Business Plus which has no annual fee and earns 2x Membership Rewards on the first $50,000 each year. The enrollment bonus used to be 20k, but now it's 10k for you and 10k for a referrer.

If you don't already know the Marriott card now earns 2 points per dollar in most categories which means 1/3 less than the old Starwood card. The Hilton seems more popular now, but I can only speak about the personal Aspire/Ascend cards.

Also, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:23 pm

If I'm reading OP's post correctly, I believe he's looking for a product change from his current SimplyCash Business card into another Business card issued by Amex (Marriott or Hilton). In terms of a straight product change from his current card to a hotel business card I believe Amex will not allow it as they are not in the same family. The BBP also would not work as that card earns MR points. The only other option I see as being a cash earning card is the Plum card, which has its benefits but also an AF. The Amex Product Change Thread has data and information on the wiki of people going from Delta Business cards to the SimplyCash so perhaps the opposite direction is also possible (only way to find out is calling). If it's one of the hotel business cards, OP probably needs to apply for whatever new product he wants, in which case he's probably better served by going to each of those products individual threads to learn more.

Last edited by halamadrid; Feb 8, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:45 pm
mia

Originally Posted by halamadrid
... Plum card....
This is a charge card. I don't believe one could make a product change from SimplyCash (credit card) to Plum Card (charge card).
halamadrid likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Already have Plum and Business Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.