Amex Hilton Honors "add users now"

Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Amex Hilton Honors "add users now"

I received an email that offered 5k points for adding an additional card member. With other credit cards I have added authorized users that didn't exist (aka fake). Is that going to work with the Am Ex card?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by iowa guy
I received an email that offered 5k points for adding an additional card member. With other credit cards I have added authorized users that didn't exist (aka fake). Is that going to work with the Am Ex card?

Amex requires SS numbers I believe and I would be very careful signing up for any bonus that does not require a spend as you may end up getting a 1099 with the income next year
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Amex requires SS numbers I believe and I would be very careful signing up for any bonus that does not require a spend as you may end up getting a 1099 with the income next year

I did this last year on my Ascend. New AU had to make a purchase for the points to kick in, and I did not receive a 1099.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:53 am
Original Poster

This bonus does require a spend. $250 in 3 months. Does that mean it is less likely that I will end up getting a 1099?

If I add users with their social security numbers, will the cardholders that I add have any tax / income implications? I can probably talk a few people into letting me add them but I don't want them to have any issues with it. Will their credit score get a hit from this?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:14 pm

Seems like a lot of work for 5k HH points

These new 1099 seem hit and miss, some people claim they are getting them on SU bonuses
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Seems like a lot of work for 5k HH points
It's the same ratio of a $3k spend for 60k points. And I wouldn't have to apply for a new credit card.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:44 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See this thread from 2017 for parallel promotion:

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

My recollection is that many people added three users, but received only one bonus. My impression is that this tended to occur if the users were not real, but I do not recall if the thread explicitly confirms.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:27 pm

It's the same ratio of a $3k spend for 60k points. And I wouldn't have to apply for a new credit card.

Even the NAF HH card gives 80K points for spending $1000
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...rds/index.html

I received 150K HH points and Gold status for upgrading to the Ascend card which did not require a credit pull

Applying for cards is no big deal we churn HEAVY and have ~ 800 credit scores

If people will let you get cards in their name, get new cards and use the points yourself............that is what I do with my dad

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 7, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:38 am
Original Poster

I received 150K HH points and Gold status for upgrading to the Ascend card which did not require a credit pull

Applying for cards is no big deal we churn HEAVY and have ~ 800 credit scores
How did you get the 150k HH upgrade promotion? Did you get invited to do this?

I try to churn as much as I can but I haven't got the knowhow for it yet.My credit score is 800+ too but I don't get many invitations for cards with good bonuses for spending.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

How did you get the 150k HH upgrade promotion? ....
Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ade-bonus.html
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:21 pm

How did you get the 150k HH upgrade promotion? Did you get invited to do this?

I try to churn as much as I can but I haven't got the knowhow for it yet.My credit score is 800+ too but I don't get many invitations for cards with good bonuses for spending.

You have to seek out the cards, the AA mailer churn at 75K AA miles and 2 cards per 65 days is the best churn going now.........We have millions of AA miles via this churn and we don't even fly AA........we use Sw companion pass mostly.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-matching.html

If you are under 5/24 you are probably better off with Chase and Barclay cards first but of course it depends on what you want and where you travel, what hotel chain you use, Airline, etc

My Amex Ascend upgrade was in my amex offers............you see them when you log into your Amex acct. I have another offer right now to upgrade to Aspire for 150K but I don't need that offer yet
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

I don't get AA mailers anymore. I'm not sure why. I have had about 6 AA cards over the years. The last one was closed in March 2016. I presently have a AA CitiBusiness Platinum Select card. I applied for that directly from the Citi website.

I checked my AmEx account and it didn't have the upgrade offer.

I am under the Chase 5/24 but I think I have exhausted all of the personal cards that earn Ultimate Rewards. I will have to look into the available business cards.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:12 pm

I don't get AA mailers anymore. I'm not sure why. I have had about 6 AA cards over the years. The last one was closed in March 2016. I presently have a AA CitiBusiness Platinum Select card. I applied for that directly from the Citi website.

I checked my AmEx account and it didn't have the upgrade offer.I am under the Chase 5/24 but I think I have exhausted all of the personal cards that earn Ultimate Rewards. I will have to look into the available business cards.

My dad has the NAF Hilton card and a 150K Aspire card upgrade offer is sitting in his accountHilton Honors American Express Aspire Card

Upgrade and earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†

The AA mailers you need would come in a different persons name who hasn't had the card in a long time.

We have 6 new AA cards in the past 4 months

There is a lot of value in Chase cards beyond UR.................Southwest and companion pass which gives you UNLIMITED free flights for a second person for close to 2 years is one we use

We are currently sitting on about 4 million airline miles and 2 million hotel points in addition to the 7 trips we already have booked for 2019

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 10, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:57 pm
mia

I don't get AA mailers anymore....
If you used a mailer that is addressed to you that ends the cycle. Always use mailers addressed to others, as discussed here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-matching.html
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Yes there is financial liability that could be exploited. Since you are making them an AU, they can call in out your account and may be able to get information. YMMV

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.