FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1954237-business-platinum-wework-benefit-12-31-2020-a.html)

troyhouse Jan 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Regarding WeWork, can i give access to the work space to a friend or family member, or will they check for the card everyday?

nathanmock Feb 1, 2019 11:13 pm

Business Platinum WeWork Benefit?

I'm curious about the WeWork benefit for 1 year with the Amex Platinum Business card. Is the benefit for a year from when I activate it regardless of whether I keep my Amex Platinum Business account open or is it dependent on my account/specific product being open? How would a PC affect the benefit? The landing page says that it is a benefit provided by WeWork:

This offer is made available by WeWork and not by American Express. Platinum Global Access is a product of WeWork subject to WeWork’s terms and conditions, and is only available to the Basic Card Member of a Business Platinum Card account.
I'm just curious once "activated", how the mechanics of the benefit will work (ie. two way communication between WeWork + AMEX about account standing, etc).

Colin Feb 2, 2019 12:21 am

how would anyone know the answer already.
be the data point you are seeking.

nathanmock Feb 2, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 30730271)
how would anyone know the answer already.
be the data point you are seeking.

Perhaps there was a similar benefit across a different product and parallels could be drawn. Or maybe they have said something over the phone or a different non-public channel. Many different possibilities.

wiscems Feb 8, 2019 8:09 am

Enrollment site for WeWork seems to be overwhelmed. Getting error when trying to enroll:

"Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."

https://www.wework.com/businessplatinum

levilevi Feb 8, 2019 9:36 am

I just activated We Work - got an email confirmation within 10 minutes , saying in 2-3 business days I'd get a second email with account creation instructions. So it looks like you need to activate a few days in advance of when you think you would initially use it. DOC indicated he felt you have 1 year of use from your activation date, so dont activate until you need to. Based on my confirmation, I think I would agree at this point... it says "Enjoy your complimentary benefit with us through 02/29/2020" I guess if someone waits until 3/1 to register and they see enjoy until 3/31/2020, we'll know for sure.

maxp0wers Feb 8, 2019 10:19 am

Just a thought, but the wework membership should make it far more legit to right off the annual fee for the business plat, yeah? ( I mean first those of us that blend personal and business spend ).

wiscems Feb 8, 2019 3:05 pm

MaxVO Feb 8, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by wiscems (Post 30753854)
Enrollment site for WeWork seems to be overwhelmed. Getting error when trying to enroll:
"Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."

The site seems to be working now. Btw does the AmEx/WeWork benefit include free parking? That could be a major benefit at some locations.

Red259 Feb 8, 2019 9:58 pm

I currently have this card open and active. I will probably be closing it when the AF posts which will be either this month or next. I will signup for the wework benefit now and check in with them while the card is still active. Do we know from past experiences with other card benefits of this nature whether or not the benefits will be terminated once the card is closed? Like will they keep checking through the year to confirm the card is still valid. I understand its in the terms that they may cancel it, but I'm wondering if they will make all that effort beyond the initial verification especially when the membership is only good for a year to begin with.

Red259 Feb 8, 2019 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 30755563)
The site seems to be working now. Btw does the AmEx/WeWork benefit include free parking? That could be a major benefit at some locations.

Not sure but I kinda doubt it for city locations where parking is expensive. I mean this doesn't even get you conference room space without paying extra.

mia Feb 9, 2019 5:31 am

We know that Priority Pass lounge access is cancelled by American Express a few days after the Platinum Card is closed. No basis to say if their contract with We Work is the same.

Membership termination. Your Membership shall terminate at the conclusion of the Term. You may terminate your Membership any time prior to such date by providing us with at least one (1) full calendar months’ notice prior to the month in which you intend to terminate your Membership (“Termination Effective Month”) and the termination will be effective on the last Regular Business Day of the Termination Effective Month. If you fail to comply with the provisions of this Agreement we may, in our sole discretion, restrict your access to the Services and/or terminate your Membership with immediate effect and without prior notice to you. We do not provide refunds upon termination or cancellation of your Membership. You will remain liable for past due amounts, and we may exercise our rights to collect due payment, despite termination or expiration of your Membership. We may also terminate your Membership and associated Accounts if we discontinue the program by providing you with thirty (30) days’ prior notice. The Platinum Global Access membership may be canceled fi your American Express Card Account is canceled for any reason.

bigcahonna Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Does anyone know how to book a workspace reservation through the app? I am able to do so through the website, but don’t see an option on the app

dw Apr 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by bigcahonna (Post 31026687)
Does anyone know how to book a workspace reservation through the app? I am able to do so through the website, but don’t see an option on the app

Go to the “Space” tab and then hit “Desks”

s0ssos Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30757043)
We know that Priority Pass lounge access is cancelled by American Express a few days after the Platinum Card is closed. No basis to say if their contract with We Work is the same.

Except this benefit isn't from Amex. It is from Wework.