Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
.... It is from Wework.
Do you think this makes it more, or less, likely to be cancelled when the card account is closed?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Do you think this makes it more, or less, likely to be cancelled when the card account is closed?
How would wework know you cancelled your Amex card?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:44 am
mia

How would wework know you cancelled your Amex card?
American Express will notify them.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by mia
Just thinking about Amex's top priorities when you close your card ...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:22 am
mia

Just thinking about Amex's top priorities when you close your card ...
Automated process.
levilevi and caliform like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:09 pm

Been using this for 2 months. It's basically the same as the $450/month plan they offer near me. I hope it lasts more than a year.
levilevi likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by mia
I cancelled my Biz Plat a couple of months ago but still have WeWork access . Just got my May statement from WeWork and it's zero'd out again.
mia and Red259 like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
I just successfully signed up for the WeWork benefit. Took me about 30 seconds. Same thing: got an email citing I'll receive a second email within 2-3 biz days. Will have it through May 31, 2020. The building I'm going to work out of is $380/mo, so this gets me $4,560 in value right off the bat. Better believe I'm writing off the annual fee!
Old May 9, 2019, 4:15 pm

officially you can't gift the membership, but has anyone tried putting someone else's name during signup?
Old May 22, 2019, 2:38 pm

I was wondering the same thing, I have the option to put whichever name in on the we work sign up page. Plat card shows a different name, do they check id to match amex plat card or?
Old May 23, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by silver02accord
I was wondering the same thing, I have the option to put whichever name in on the we work sign up page. Plat card shows a different name, do they check id to match amex plat card or?
I doubt it. I keep getting emails asking me to add payment information to my account If they aren't connecting the dots on that, I can't imagine they're connecting any others...

Haven't yet made it into a wework despite passing by them in DC, SF, NY, and Paris in the last 2 weeks. I have a membership at a Carr Workplaces that works just fine (including 24/7 access at my "home " location) but will pop into wework at some point to check it out. One of my clients mentioned that the offices are absolutely tiny, and it's as loud (hard wood & metal non-noise-absorbing surfaces) as I would imagine it is, so I'm inclined to think it won't be my thing... but we shall see...
Old May 25, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I doubt it. I keep getting emails asking me to add payment information to my account If they aren't connecting the dots on that, I can't imagine they're connecting any others...

Haven't yet made it into a wework despite passing by them in DC, SF, NY, and Paris in the last 2 weeks. I have a membership at a Carr Workplaces that works just fine (including 24/7 access at my "home " location) but will pop into wework at some point to check it out. One of my clients mentioned that the offices are absolutely tiny, and it's as loud (hard wood & metal non-noise-absorbing surfaces) as I would imagine it is, so I'm inclined to think it won't be my thing... but we shall see...
Originally Posted by meunger11
I just successfully signed up for the WeWork benefit. Took me about 30 seconds. Same thing: got an email citing I'll receive a second email within 2-3 biz days. Will have it through May 31, 2020. The building I'm going to work out of is $380/mo, so this gets me $4,560 in value right off the bat. Better believe I'm writing off the annual fee!
You're not actually getting $4,560 in value. The membership is hobbled - you don't get meeting room credits, get guests - which is whatever. However, you also don't even get a building access card. So if your Wework is three floors (like mine is), then you're stuck to one. You can't go to a location at 8am or 630pm, or anytime on weekends. I'm not sure if the other floors have more comfortable workspaces, but the main floor at my location only has chairs with hard wooden backs, and shared long tables. Honestly, not better than the study halls in college (although my school had good architecture and many new buildings). No way in hell would I pay $400 or even $100 for such a limited membership. A dedicated desk or private office, maybe. But I'm honestly shocked anyone spends that much on a hotdesk when there are so many other options in any major city. There probably isn't, which is why WeWork is bleeding a crap ton of money.

Edit: Oh, you're also not guaranteed a space if all the 'amex' spots are booked, as opposed to a hotdesk membership which guarantees space at your home location.
wawahoagiefest likes this.

Last edited by yerffej201; May 25, 2019 at 5:37 pm
Old May 29, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Word to the wise, sign up at the BEGINNING of the month. I signed up the other day and it has my membership end date as May 31, 2020. If I'd just waited a few days I'd have all of June 2020 as well.

Also, as to the value of the WeWork membership, if I sit at Starbucks with crappy wifi and spend $5, and I do this twice a week, I've already covered my AF with the free (good*) coffee and numerous other freebies that vendors come in with almost every day.

*Good coffee means light-roast hipster coffee which a lot of people don't think is even coffee. YMMV.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:23 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
You should have received a building access card when you went in the first time to complete the process. Still limited to 9-6, but when you've booked a workspace you should have access to all common space floors via keycard.

Originally Posted by yerffej201
You're not actually getting $4,560 in value. The membership is hobbled - you don't get meeting room credits, get guests - which is whatever. However, you also don't even get a building access card. So if your Wework is three floors (like mine is), then you're stuck to one. You can't go to a location at 8am or 630pm, or anytime on weekends. I'm not sure if the other floors have more comfortable workspaces, but the main floor at my location only has chairs with hard wooden backs, and shared long tables. Honestly, not better than the study halls in college (although my school had good architecture and many new buildings). No way in hell would I pay $400 or even $100 for such a limited membership. A dedicated desk or private office, maybe. But I'm honestly shocked anyone spends that much on a hotdesk when there are so many other options in any major city. There probably isn't, which is why WeWork is bleeding a crap ton of money.

Edit: Oh, you're also not guaranteed a space if all the 'amex' spots are booked, as opposed to a hotdesk membership which guarantees space at your home location.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
You should have received a building access card when you went in the first time to complete the process. Still limited to 9-6, but when you've booked a workspace you should have access to all common space floors via keycard.
Some locations have the black wework card function as the building access card. I'm referring to a situation where this is not the case. The Wework card will not work for the elevators, only a white building card specific to that building will. I've double checked with multiple people - no building access card - only the black wework card is given out for AMEX Global Access. The common floor space on the other two floors are apparently 'not' common - only for those with private offices on those floors. Whether that's true, I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.